• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M445 jackets

Kermit3D

Pilot, this jacket is absolutely fantastic! ... what a beauty!

But if I fall for a jacket like ANJ-4 or M-455, I would have a small budget... no more than 500-600 euros maximum.
So I can't afford an original (and I would be afraid to damage it while wearing it). ;)

I'm not necessarily looking for an absolutely perfect replica. This is my first sheepskin jacket, I've never worn or even tried one. That's why I don't want to spend too much money before I know if I like it.
... even though I already know I'll like it ! :)

At this price, I'm looking closely at what Five Star Leather offers. Or maybe another second hand brand...

petermack09

Pilot, this jacket is absolutely fantastic! ... what a beauty!

But if I fall for a jacket like ANJ-4 or M-455, I would have a small budget... no more than 500-600 euros maximum.
So I can't afford an original (and I would be afraid to damage it while wearing it). ;)

I'm not necessarily looking for an absolutely perfect replica. This is my first sheepskin jacket, I've never worn or even tried one. That's why I don't want to spend too much money before I know if I like it.
... even though I already know I'll like it ! :)

At this price, I'm looking closely at what Five Star Leather offers. Or maybe another second hand brand...
A 2nd hand jacket would be my preference,,they are out there if you have patience.

Kermit3D

ANJ-4 jackets :

anj-4-1-jpg.32440

anj-4-jpg.32441

petermack09

Not one of those jackets looks like a suit of armour,,,I’m hoping to wear the hell out of my Anj4 this winter to get it looking & feeling a quarter of how great these jackets look.

MikeyB-17

Both mk.1 and mk. III versions on display there. Wonder what the white patches on the waistbands were? Appear to have letters on them.

Last edited:

Nickb123

Both mk.1 and mk. III versions on display there. Wonder what the white patches on the waistbands were? Appear to have letters on them.

Is the zipper length the main way to differentiate the mk.1 and mk.2?

I see too that the gent on the back second from left has those extra buttons on the bottom. Quite the variety!

MikeyB-17

OK, three variants (according to ELC so not necessarily gospel):-
1. Zip all the way to the bottom, press studs on pockets.
2. Zip slightly above bottom, buttons on pockets.
3. Zip four inches short of bottom with buttons, buttons on pockets, triangular O2 mask patch.
There’s a couple of Mk. 3’s and a Mk. 1 there (I think, going by the press stud pockets, although the zip seems a bit short on the chap standing 3rd from left), there may be others but hard to tell.

John Lever

OK, three variants (according to ELC so not necessarily gospel):-
1. Zip all the way to the bottom, press studs on pockets.
2. Zip slightly above bottom, buttons on pockets.
3. Zip four inches short of bottom with buttons, buttons on pockets, triangular O2 mask patch.
There’s a couple of Mk. 3’s and a Mk. 1 there (I think, going by the press stud pockets, although the zip seems a bit short on the chap standing 3rd from left), there may be others but hard to tell.
Anj4's

Kermit3D

It's amazing how some ANJ-4s look relatively light. Lighter than most modern reproductions.
If one day I buy an ANJ-4 (it's bound to happen one day...), I'd like it to look like the one I circled in the picture.
If I kindly ask to Aero Leather, is it possible to use a softer and lighter sheepskin ? Has this been done before ?

8foa68ft.jpg