• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M422a RESTORATION

Grant

Thought I'd share a quick pic of a brilliant restoration Dave Sheeley did on my well worn Church M-422a I picked up from Stony. The goatskin was in such beautiful condition and had such grain and character, I decided to restore the jacket back to a solid wearer. The mouton, knits and liner were all pretty much shot, so Dave basically had to de-construct the jacket and re-build from the ground up using the correct liner material, vintage mouton and correct knits from MASH that closely matched the original. He re-built the jacket matching every stitch hole using much of the original cotton thread which was still strong. Needless to say she's a solid wearer hopefully good for another 75 years. Oh, the name tag, Talon zip, buttons and spec label are all original to the jacket. Hopefully we did Lt J.C. Hunt USNR honor in restoring his jacket. Thanks Dave for an amazing job.

Church.jpeg

Smithy

Stunning job there and the end result is a blindingly good looking jacket. You'll be wearing that with pride Grant!

B-Man2

Grant
That's is a beauty!......Dave did a super job with that. He has a Pritzker of mine and he's doing the same process.
Enjoyed seeing the end result...thank you!

Dany McDonald

Applause for this stunning restoration job, noble effort to conserve a piece of history. I have a lot of respect for you, also we have to remember that this is not free...

Thank you for sharing.