• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

m41 jackets in the movies

Chandler

EmergencyIan said:
Also, in the 3rd "Dirty Harry" movie (is it "The Enforcer"), the one with Tyne Daily, one of the "bad" guys wears one.

That's right, Bobby Maxwell -- head of the "gang." (don't ask me how I remember that) Had forgotten that one.

Phantomfixer

Saw an old 1950s film, fisherman was wearing one, not the warmest of jackets....recebtly came across a barn full of em...rotted of course but still...

deand

Referred to earlier in the thread, but great to look at, because I love Gene Barry"s look in this film:

1snapshot20080705092305_zpsdd0fcdfc.jpg

dean

B-Man2

I'd like to see ATF do an M38 repro.(BTW Hello old friends!)
WWII Impressions has a repro of the M-38 field jacket.

deand

Well,well,well...an ATF M38 for sale at the Lounge. Alas, too small! The search will continue!

deand

On top which, the listing is 5 years old! Have to pay closer attention to the dates on search results.

ties70

As the thread has been recently refreshed....

.... I have found a cool series on Netflix: it's a French / Belgian co-production called Black Spot / Zone Blanche, and an M-41-ish jacket seems to be standard for the French policemen in that series...

You should give the series a try. Beautiful nature, filmed in the Vosges mountains... A creepy story, little bit like Twin Peaks without the comic and over the top moments!

B-Man2

I still would like to see what the M-38 looks like on someone. All I ever see is the M-41 in most photos.