• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M-700 Anti-Blackout Coveralls, Flying

a2jacketpatches

Here's an M-700 Anti-Blackout Suit, Basically the same as the AAF Z-2 but the M-700 designation being for the Navy. I believe this to be WW2 issue based on an identical label I found online and the Talon Zippers. The Z-2's I have are equipped with CONMAR Zips. These suits were used for a while after WW2 so the Z-2's are probably post war to Korea.

Rutger

What does the anti-blackout part consist of? I don't see a coupling that indicates pressurized air, but they will have some pressure function somewhere, right?

a2jacketpatches

Rutger said:
What does the anti-blackout part consist of? I don't see a coupling that indicates pressurized air, but they will have some pressure function somewhere, right?

Yes, there is a hose system that goes with these suits but it doesn't seem to be present in the ones that I found. So this is just the coveralls part. Are you interested in one of the Z-2's? I'm happy to send you one and my guess is that it'll go great with any L-2 jacket considering they were used throughout the 50's. I'll be taking a new approach to your Squadron patch this week and it'll be done soon. So by the end of this month I'll be sending the patch, G-Suit, and a few other Cold War goodies your way. I'm sure you'll be very pleased my friend.

Rutger

You're too kind for this world Sean, I appreciate your generosity, but as it is, our attic is already overloaded with similar things so it really would'nt end up in the right place; never mind the shipping cost which is getting out of proportion nowadays. Sell it on to someone who collects these and would be happy with it.
I got curious because the G-suit I have has a one foot hose attached to it. I can imagine the coverall,anti-black-out suit, to be tight fitting so as to maximize pressure towards the body.

I got my L2A that I got from couchy already patched up with an original 4th Fighter Wing patch that I got from oose (I have a spare one as well) and will happily add yours to the left chest!