• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M-65 [DSA-1-8664]

Erwin

M-65 [DSA-1-8664] the first official contract from 1965, is a very rare contract. A first official contract and these are super hard to find. Also, this one has a Crown M-57 zipper [which is one characteristic of DSA1-8664 but Conmars were also used]. These with Crowns are almost identical to the test model jacket T63-5.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Erwin

Back to the actual topic...great to see that for some users discussion about the topic is more important than avatar ;) . As far as I know, the initial five-digit DSA contracts for Cold Mans Field [DSA-1-8664, DSA-1-8665, and DSA-1-8666] are from 1965 what five digits in DSA can indicate. The first contract from 1966 is a DSA100-817 [rare but not super rare].

Last edited:

MauldinFan

Really? Into black-face are you? :rolleyes:
No, but nor am I into public shaming. If you really had issues, you could have IM'd the man.
I don't wrap myself in a thick blanket of righteous indignation and SEEK things by which to be offended. Life is too short for childish games like this.
Besides, I knew that someday people would read your comment and wonder what the heck you were talking about.

Chandler

Besides, I knew that someday people would read your comment and wonder what the heck you were talking about.
Prejudice is child's play? Okay -- whatever you need to think. Tell that to the latest victims of prejudice in Texas.

And you don't know whether I tried to report this offline, do you?

As to wondering about my post, I give my fellow man better credit to follow along. Besides, there's already another follow-up thread.

Oh, and BTW -- Bill Mauldin supported civil rights and called out prejudice... probably wrapped in (what you'd call) righteous indignation.