• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M-445B?

917_k

There are books and docs… took the writers and editors a lot of time and efforts to compose these…
One of those books is the famous ‚Full Gear‘..,
This book has most probably all contracts all labels and contracts and all photos of what’s available …of major contracts …but its called… huuuhhh expensive.. ( screw it)..
Many promises and empty words to edit a similar one… ( nothing.. … since … 2015… or longer…).
Wet dreams!..

With the wealth of information available online now, presumably someone (or a group of people) with the inclination could come up with something similar now? I’ve started saving photos from all the countless eBay listings I come across (and occasionally miss out on) for exactly that purpose of documenting all the different contracts and nuances.

Last edited:

B-Man2

I have a question about the size of the jacket.
Look at the label and the two size labels . One says large and the other says 38 . That seems way off to me . Any other thoughts on this ?

tda003

"Full Gear". Went looking for it and found nothing. However, assuming that if I found a copy and that price was no object, isn't it in Japanese with no translation. If so, it might take me a while to read it even though, as I have stated before, I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

917_k

"Full Gear". Went looking for it and found nothing. However, assuming that if I found a copy and that price was no object, isn't it in Japanese with no translation. If so, it might take me a while to read it even though, as I have stated before, I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

It’s in Japanese but all the contracts and spec data is in English, so useful for that and the pictures. You can also download the Google Translate app on a smartphone, hover the camera over text and it will translate to a reasonable degree of accuracy.

I’m surprised a PDF version of the book hasn’t appeared online somewhere. I know that’s copyright and not something I’d ever do, but there’s people out there who don’t seem to care, so it’s somewhat surprising a version of this hasn’t been scanned online.

tda003

Did a pretty complete search. Nothing current turned up but a couple of sold out and out of print sites.

This brings me back to my original question: what's the difference between an M-445, M-445A and M-445B?

John Lever

Has anyone actually seen an M-445B repro. Seems like a lot of trouble to make a one off including a single label. I've never seen a WG M-445B, let alone a repro. Anyone. Just doesn't seem logical. I don't even know the difference between 445, 445A & 445B. what are they?
M445 has goat trim diamond arm patches full length zipper up to the chin, no throat latch. M445a has Anj4 arm patches short zip throat latch and two lower buttons. M445b ....? No idea of spec

tda003

Thanks very much. Whatever is different from either of those two on this jacket would be the difference. I'll see if I can get the information from the auctioneer.

tda003

I've been looking at Shawn's M-445A and can't find any differences including the arm patches. I can't find any differences other than the shape of the pockets flaps. Since 5* is a copy of another maker, I'm discounting that. I can't see the arm grommets in the "B", but I doubt that the specs would have called for their removal. I have no picture of the raised panel, so possibly that's a change.

tda003

In regard to the link, a friend will be bidding and I'll be watching in case he's out bid, and, if so, I absolutely won't be!

917_k

It’s bookmarked…..;)

(17 people watching it currently, I’ll be surprised if this sells for anywhere near the current listing price)

917_k

Trouble with these auctions as well is the buyers premium, so whatever price you’re bidding you’ve got to account for paying an extra 20-30% premium on top of that. It’s personally why I still think ebay is the best, as a buyer all I have to pay is the final price+postage.

Members online

Latest posts