• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Luftwaffe B-15

Curahee

Hi all,

Just got back from a roundtrip to "The Bulge" (Belgian/French/Luxembourg Ardennes) and visted all the hotspots among others the graveyard/memorial of Hamm were George S Patton jr ("Old guts and glory") was burried, always an impressive site to see those graves especially this one of Patton grave overlooking the graves of his men

Ardenaise052.jpg

More to come on the photo section soon, anyways when I was in Ettelbruck I came across this interesting looking Luftwaffe jacket, looks like a kraut version of the B-15, any ideas of the type/maker etc on this jacket ?

Ardenaise127.jpg
Ardenaise128.jpg

Ardenaise129.jpg
Ardenaise130.jpg

Ardenaise131.jpg
Ardenaise137.jpg

havocpaul

This is the "Channel Suit", blue cloth with fur/fleece lining; suit comprised of jacket and trousers, winter weight for flying over land in accordance with Luftwaffe specification. They were not made by any one maker, usually had a RB-numbered label inside. There were also electrically-wired versions too. they were superficially similar to the AAF B-15 and the Italian flight jackets but were a unique Luftwaffe design.

TankBuster

Paul has it right. This is called the Channel jacket. This is the heated
version. You can tell by the tabs on the ends of each arm. The collar
is velveteen. The heated versions like this one are not a very heavy
jacket. The unheated ones are more like a B-3 type of jacket and are
typically made of a seude type leather.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
There were two at a militaria sale here.

One, which I still regret not buying, was the blue/grey leather, and then this cloth one.

It ain't blue though ....

luftwaffedunbars.jpg

johnnyjohnny

Re: Luftwaffe B-15...for MeMbers oNLY

i love the various and sunDry leather luftwaffe jackets of ww2...and tho not leather, this is very cooL, and historically interesting...

makes me think, just like hugo boss designed the ss outfit for himmler, and the nazi children's corps stuff for der furor (sic), these fLuffy channel jackets may be the inspiration for that members only stuff in the 70s

hey, if adoLph could design the vw, an iconic and ironic (considering the designer) popular choice for the peace and love generation of the sixteeeeez, makes sense the luftwaffen channel jacket of ww2 could inspire 70s disCoware