• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lovely new GW B-6!

ButteMT61

Not mine (sadly), but given the cooler weather will be coming down the road, I thought I'd post up this beauty.
<br>

B6_Flight_Jacket.jpg

<br>

collar.jpg

<br>

collar_up.jpg

<br>

waist_zipper.jpg

<br>

pocket.jpg

<br>

talon_zipper.jpg

CBI

Oh for God's sake - enough John, I can't take it!!!!!

That's just awesome!!!!!!

Officer Dibley

The quality of manufacture is so much higher than any original I've handled that it will make it easy to spot as a repro even after lots of wear !! (Not that many owners will give such a beautiful and expensive jacket the sort of wear originals got )

No doubting the man's skills, that's for sure. Though the hide seems a little more matt in finish than any I've ever seen.

I better go buy a lottery ticket ;)

ButteMT61

Officer Dibley said:
The quality of manufacture is so much higher than any original I've handled that it will make it easy to spot as a repro even after lots of wear !! (Not that many owners will give such a beautiful and expensive jacket the sort of wear originals got )

No doubting the man's skills, that's for sure. Though the hide seems a little more matt in finish than any I've ever seen.

I better go buy a lottery ticket ;)

I reckon every single GW is magnitudes better than any of the originals.
My feeling is the assembly line makers are more like what the soldiers got. But I'll take the GW. I Didn't fight in WWII and I love that these jackets could be worn by my great-great-great grandchildren if they stay in the family that long.

Roughwear

Yes this is another fantastic jacket from the master craftsman. As far as the quality of this and his other jackets go they are often better than Wartime production line quality. However some of the Wartime makers produced jackets of extremely high quality using very experienced operators, whilst others did not. For example David D Doniger jackets are superbly crafted. I have seen really top quality jackets from most of the makers, but not consistently so even within the same contract.

John Lever

Remember that this section is for manufacturers to post threads so next time please use the Repro section.
Thanks

ButteMT61

John Lever said:
Remember that this section is for manufacturers to post threads so next time please use the Repro section.
Thanks

Oops - sorry about that John. If I could get JC to cut me a check, I could be his employee :lol:

Apologies!

foster

ButteMT61 said:
Oops - sorry about that John. If I could get JC to cut me a check, I could be his employee
If I tried something like that, I'd be continually working off the debt incurred from buying jackets direct. Welcome to the company store!