• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost Worlds custom Easy Ryder review

siddhartha

Administrator
Lost Worlds custom Easy Ryder

This jacket is one that I’d noticed in passing on the LW site. I thought that if I went with a cafe racer jacket, I’d consider this one, and I liked the mods that customer had done to it. They specified Crown zippers, contrasting white HH sleeve facings and throat latch, and they omitted the pockets and side buckles/straps. Made for quite a simple, clean design. Imagine my surprise when that same jacket showed up on eBay! Alas, it was a size 42, too small for me...or was it?

I contacted the seller, and tried to get an idea as to the sizing. I mentioned my measurements, and he assured me that the size 42 was what I really needed. I was unsure-was he simply going to sell me a jacket that didn’t fit, or was he on the level? I negotiated a fair price, and waited...
The jacket arrived, and the size 42 was spot-on. I was unsure that the sleeves would be cut right, based off of an older LW A-2 that I owned about 10 years ago, that was blousy. These sleeves were tapered perfectly. The shoulders were right on, and the body fit well. Not skin-tight, but quite a nice fit. I can pull it off with a t-shirt, or possibly a light sweatshirt. Just the fit I was looking for. I guess I am a true size 42!
The horsehide was described as LW’s “new 5-ounce HH,” and was described as quite soft. It is exceptionally heavy horsehide, labeled front-quarter, and is in fact quite soft. The finish is fantastic, it has beautiful grain, and seems indestructible. It has none of the “plasticy” finish that the old LW A-2 had, and is right up there with the nicest HH I’ve experienced. It has a distinctive smell, similar, but not the same as the Aero HH I have on my J106. The weight of both my Aero J106 and this LW are similar, but the nod goes to LW at 6.2lbs-a bit lighter, but a a simpler design.
The cut of the jacket is very nice indeed, very clean and simple. It has no outside decoration other than beautiful vintage heavy-duty Crown zippers (all three of them), contrasting white HH sleeve facings, and throat closure. Otherwise, it has no seams/pockets on the front, and a simple seam across the lower back at the kidney level. Simple shoulder-gussets rather than full “action back,” which I prefer.

The front has a wind flap behind the front zipper, which is a nice feature should you use this as a true motorcycle jacket (for which it is intended!)
The lining is a heavy nylon fabric, with a satiny feel. It is backed with heavy cotton drill, and has a seam running down the center of the back. Very nice, heavy feel, though not hot-I noticed that it actually breathes quite well. The jacket, while heavy, is not overly warm-it seems to actually breathe well.

Construction is faultless-it has been said in many reviews that you simply cannot find fault with LW’s construction and stitching, and this jacket does not disappoint. I am amazed every time I pick up this jacket at its quality, the heft, and the stitching-it’s perfect. Say what you will about Stuart/LW (and I have), but you cannot fault his motorcycle jackets!
This jacket is quite comfortable. As I’ve stated, it’s not too hot, even lately in our 70-degree F weather. Mostly it’s worn from a car to a hospital, and back, but even in those short trips I’m surprised it doesn’t make me feel overheated, especially for such a heavy jacket. One of the features of the sleeve facings were that the facings are floating, so that the sleeves might actually be pulled up should you desire-not sure that I’d ever do that, but it does create a wide-open sleeve for ventilation should you wish.

As I mentioned in my J106 review, putting on that jacket is like suiting up in armor, and I get the same feel from this jacket. It absolutely feels like it could stop anything thrown at it, and only look better for it. It might actually convince me that I’m bulletproof-your mileage may vary.
I’m really satisfied with this jacket, and I’m glad I took a chance on the size. Wade and Carrie at Insurrection made me understand that my size was different than I thought it was, and it’s translated to a better fit in all of the jackets I purchased recently. Unfortunately, that also means I’m selling off those that I thought fit me before-I guess that’s the cost of doing business!

Falcon_52

You must be in motorcycle jacket heaven! That was a good find. The small white leather details are very nice and the black leather looks similar to my CHP jacket (thick but malleable).

Wear it in good health!

Noel