• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost Worlds A2 horsehide bought on eBay

Bombing IP

I just purchased a LW horsehide A2 on eBay for $306 its new and comes with blood chit signed by some of the flying tigers . The Lost World jackets are not every ones favorite but I had one in goat many years ago and sold it because I am not a fan of goatskin on A2 jackets . In my opinion these are the strongest jacket in the A2 repro line out there .You just cannot break them always wanted a horse hide one of these because the grain that you get with use . Retail on these today are $1190 so there are bargains out there if you look .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AVG-Flying-Tigers-Autographed-Lost-Worlds-A-2-Flight-Jacket-Sz-48-WW2-Squadron-/303087443888?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=93peQovcBO6cNbQz31eMyxhj1iY%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

BIP

B-Man2

I had looked at that all week long. I backed off of it because the measurements were off for a size 48. for the sleeves and back length, and didn’t work for me. Hopefully they work for you, because you did snag a great jacket for a killer price!
Congrats !!!

CBI

yes, some really great deals online. I just picked up a beautiful circa 1955-56 G-1 for under $100

Pilot

Agree with Steve...the western consumer world becomes a buyers market...for some products ...especially second hand items....too many attractive offers...too many choices...not enough potential buyers...
Happy I sold all my repros...Originals (if rare and wanted ) are a different segment...

Last edited:

Bombing IP

Agree with Steve...the western consumer world becomes a buyers market...for some products ...especially second hand items....too many attractive offers...too many choices...not enough potential buyers...
Happy I sold all my repros...Originals (if rare and wanted ) are a different segment...

I understand where you are coming from ,I have had originals but I have sold them off and I am very happy with my repro's especially when I can get them at 75% off retail .I have sold three Good Wear A2 and never got more than $375 a piece for them none of them were keepers for me .

BIP

Pilot

Lucky Good Wear buyers .., never saw one for this kind of price.
For most of others...75% off from retail price is not seldom nowadays.
Originals ( if desirable and wanted) are quite stable in value.

Last edited: