• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

Lost Worlds A2 horsehide bought on eBay

Bombing IP

I just purchased a LW horsehide A2 on eBay for $306 its new and comes with blood chit signed by some of the flying tigers . The Lost World jackets are not every ones favorite but I had one in goat many years ago and sold it because I am not a fan of goatskin on A2 jackets . In my opinion these are the strongest jacket in the A2 repro line out there .You just cannot break them always wanted a horse hide one of these because the grain that you get with use . Retail on these today are $1190 so there are bargains out there if you look .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AVG-Flying-Tigers-Autographed-Lost-Worlds-A-2-Flight-Jacket-Sz-48-WW2-Squadron-/303087443888?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=93peQovcBO6cNbQz31eMyxhj1iY%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

BIP

B-Man2

I had looked at that all week long. I backed off of it because the measurements were off for a size 48. for the sleeves and back length, and didn’t work for me. Hopefully they work for you, because you did snag a great jacket for a killer price!
Congrats !!!

CBI

yes, some really great deals online. I just picked up a beautiful circa 1955-56 G-1 for under $100

Pilot

Agree with Steve...the western consumer world becomes a buyers market...for some products ...especially second hand items....too many attractive offers...too many choices...not enough potential buyers...
Happy I sold all my repros...Originals (if rare and wanted ) are a different segment...

Last edited:

Bombing IP

Agree with Steve...the western consumer world becomes a buyers market...for some products ...especially second hand items....too many attractive offers...too many choices...not enough potential buyers...
Happy I sold all my repros...Originals (if rare and wanted ) are a different segment...
I understand where you are coming from ,I have had originals but I have sold them off and I am very happy with my repro's especially when I can get them at 75% off retail .I have sold three Good Wear A2 and never got more than $375 a piece for them none of them were keepers for me .

BIP

Pilot

Lucky Good Wear buyers .., never saw one for this kind of price.
For most of others...75% off from retail price is not seldom nowadays.
Originals ( if desirable and wanted) are quite stable in value.

Last edited: