• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost Worlds 7823AER?

Geir

I bought a new one from the sales page I think 3 years ago for $450, so I don't think it's a good deal.

les_garten

Hello,
It depends on the size. the sales page does not have all sizes. It also has a bunch of strange stuff on there that will be still be available at the end of days. That's about 50% of new price. I think if it is in Very Good condition and it fits you, it is a good deal. I have one, bought it from Airfrog. I think I paid $500 for it.

zoomer

I agree Les. Stu's sale page is loaded with stuff like size 30 jackets, $500 cotton ventile windbreakers, and the supremely stupid Type A-2 Vest with simulated ripped-out sleeves. (Not for fashion victims...a "man's" vest, for "men" who recognize what's "manly"...gahhh, Stu, always with the "men." Go hit the Turkish baths or something. Maybe you'll sell a few jackets.) :roll:

les_garten

zoomer said:
I agree Les. Stu's sale page is loaded with stuff like size 30 jackets, $500 cotton ventile windbreakers, and the supremely stupid Type A-2 Vest with simulated ripped-out sleeves. (Not for fashion victims...a "man's" vest, for "men" who recognize what's "manly"...gahhh, Stu, always with the "men." Go hit the Turkish baths or something. Maybe you'll sell a few jackets.) :roll:

Hi,
The other consideration is that those Jackets don't come up for sale much on the forum or Ebay, especially in large sizes. Relatively Rare repro. I had to wait for a long time for Airfrog to be deluded into thinking he was an Aero 422/6552 Fanboi ;-) .

les_garten

I look at it as a matter of percentages and avilability. In the fore mentioned thread, people mentioned LW G-1's at less than 33% retail. When I was looking for mine, I was happy after a number of months to find one at 60% retail or so. How many Aero's, ELC,s, or even G&B's are selling at 33% Retail? I don't see them. Try around 66%!

If there is a huge depot of LW's out there at 30-33% Retail, all of you 'knowledgeable" guys need to help your brothers out!

zoomer

Now the next question is, how do they fit? Typical G-1 cut, ie: tag size is actual measure, V-shaped tapered bod?

les_garten

Hi,
Mine fis a little "Blousey" and is very supple Goat. Mine is cut similar to a G&B 422a. Mainly know your measurements, and make sure the seller knows how to measure correcty.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
les_garten said:
If there is a huge depot of LW's out there at 30-33% Retail, all of you 'knowledgeable" guys need to help your brothers out!

No, I don't believe there is .... :)

I just made observations based on a period of eBay watching. I don't tend to think in terms of percentages, but I think that Eastman, for example, would show similar results .... that even though the original retail prices were up there with the A-2's, the G-1's would be a tougher sale, and probably make less.