• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looks Like AVI is Back in the Game!

ausreenactor

... always waiting for it, the tracking has not been updated since Monday (saying "The shipment item is under transportation."), I begin to feel that I won't receive my jacket before the weekend...
Maybe @Brettafett will have his updated jacket before me :rolleyes: .

I'm looking forward to it, I can't imagine how you people do when you have to wait for a jacket to be made for over a year!
Is the waiting easier when it's not your first repro jacket? ;)
Waiting is a risk. Biden might have WWIII started in a few weeks and all trade routes and commercial transport dies.

Brettafett

... always waiting for it, the tracking has not been updated since Monday (saying "The shipment item is under transportation."), I begin to feel that I won't receive my jacket before the weekend...
Maybe @Brettafett will have his updated jacket before me :rolleyes: .
I'm looking forward to it, I can't imagine how you people do when you have to wait for a jacket to be made for over a year! Is the waiting easier when it's not your first repro jacket? ;)
Mine only just shipped.

This is the cool thing about AVI and 5*... You can get a jacket within weeks, wear, use and abuse it...
In the mean time, put a deposit down on a GW and then work out how to pay for it over the year and a half.

Greg Gale

@pierregloom I think I'm looking forward to your jacket as much as you are. :D It will probably help me figure out what size I should go for.

BTW do you reckon a 40 would fit me? I'm 184cm, 74kg, 101cm chest, and jackets with 17.5 shoulders or less are usually snug on me.

Lord Flashheart

Mine only just shipped.

This is the cool thing about AVI and 5*... You can get a jacket within weeks, wear, use and abuse it...
In the mean time, put a deposit down on a GW and then work out how to pay for it over the year and a half.

Good point. And in that time you'll be able to work out what really works for you. I'll be interested to see how yours turns out Brett.

Last edited:

pierregloom

@pierregloom I think I'm looking forward to your jacket as much as you are. :D It will probably help me figure out what size I should go for.

BTW do you reckon a 40 would fit me? I'm 184cm, 74kg, 101cm chest, and jackets with 17.5 shoulders or less are usually snug on me.

With my 176cm, 65kg, 92cm chest, I have enough room in the 40 to wear with a jumper over a long sleeve t-shirt, that's why I wanted to try a 38, so may be 40 should fit you, may be snug, yes.
But I won't say anything that I'm not sure about before I try the new one ;).

Brettafett

I have one. Enjoying it...
Have not taken any recent pics...
P1270756.JPG

BadMofo

I assume that this the Bronco is... So, would you recommend AVI HH?
I was thinking about a Perry in Russet HH...

Brettafett

Yes, its the 'Bronco'. And yes, highly recommended.
It does depend on what you are after however.

If you you want superior leather, accurate detailing and high end hardware, then you have to look at the high end makers and pay the money.
If you are after a decent, well-made jacket, copied off an original, with most of the detailing there, thats relatively budget-friendly... then HELL YEAH! these are great.

I have plans to patch/ paint this jacket, that I'm reluctant to try with a $1000 jacket - so watch this space...

What Ive done in the past, is order two jackets to gauge best size/ fit. Regular sizes are (I understand) returnable.

Last edited:

BadMofo

Thanks!
I already have superior leather – my Mahogany Blattwerk HH is outstanding (Simmons Bilt A-2).
My 5* A-2 in Premium Goat is great! Their first HH batch was not the best…
Accurate detailing and high end hardware – not so important to me.

>> I have plans to patch/ paint this jacket
I might do that too, with the AVI… My already painted 5* is a dream!

facebook_1643102256725_6891670367792248045.jpg

ausreenactor

Thanks!
I already have superior leather – my Mahogany Blattwerk HH is outstanding (Simmons Bilt A-2).
My 5* A-2 in Premium Goat is great! Their first HH batch was not the best…
Accurate detailing and high end hardware – not so important to me.

>> I have plans to patch/ paint this jacket
I might do that too, with the AVI… My already painted 5* is a dream!

View attachment 73629
Spied this on FB and commented. Really nice!

pierregloom

You know what's fun?
It's been a week now that the tracking for my M422a order hasn't changed, so I've contacted Morten about that, and he asked the transporter, who is currently investigating... may be the package is lost, even if I hope it's just delayed...
Well, that's not fun :(. Even if Morten told me he will send another jacket if it should be lost...

That was my little update for those who wait for the news about the updated jacket.

Now I really think @Brettafett will be the first to show us these new details !

pierregloom

Well, lets see... Can only say the customer service is really good. This is how it should be...
That's right ! And Morten is a nice guy who answers quickly and kindly, and I know I sometimes have asked a lot of questions.

I really hope it's not lost, I wouldn't appreciate really much the idea of seeing a 38 M422A looking like AVI's one on Ebay on the upcoming days if someone stole it during the transportation...
But I try to focus on hope, and not on bad luck !

pierregloom

I just answered to @Peter242 who was asking too on private message :
Bad news, that's why I didn't post anything, Morten told me on wednesday that my jacket was certainly lost, so he decided to send another new jacket... There is still a chance that the "lost" jacket will be delivered in the meantime, but nothing is certain.
So I'm forced to wait, again, and as Brettafett's jacket was shipped a few days ago, I think he will post pictures of it before me.
:(
Sorry for not having news for you, I'm looking forward to it too quite hard ! But Morten does the right thing and I'm glad he does ;).

So I'm probably on for three more weeks of waiting, customer service is really cool with AVI Leather, but I wish I didn't have to prove it with this order...!