• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looks Like AVI is Back in the Game!

s4rmark

By all accounts the "Toko Ri " jacket should be a M422a from what I've read on the net. So, are AVI going to produce one? That will be interesting.

Brettafett

Hell yeah!
Gordon & Ferguson. Last I heard was they were awaiting the test jacket. Morten sent me a pic of his original, a while back...
Why not email them and get an ETA? Id love an update ;)
I recon if its still ways off, then rather get the G-1.

London Cabbie

Cheers mate, much appreciated.

Size 40

pit 2 pit. 21”
Sleeve. 25.5”
Shoulder. 19” straight across
Hem. 18” top of wool hem
Length. 24” (61cm)

as above all measurements are spot on except rear length which I get as 1cm less..?

will do some photos tomorrow.

highlyrecommend this jacket, leather, parts, mouton, colour & fit. (Price)
I’m 5’8” 10.3 stone slim. Can only get t shirt underneath so it’s fitted almost tailored, extremely comfortable. I have the ELC to wear a sweatshirt underneath.

Last edited:

London Cabbie

As promised, been busy with work, apologies. I love this jacket. AVI 55j14 G-1
1B818AFD-834B-4D8D-B8AF-13B313B1F28A.jpeg
B5F73EED-C8EC-444F-8DF6-DA23F61104D8.jpeg
56E12965-682F-4772-A7F5-52CC6A1661A7.jpeg
9F24FA70-9A53-454C-828F-B7D4CBBC0CEE.jpeg
7E4B4AEC-45A8-4885-9E90-AB785B9EB7B7.jpeg
5C4371CC-8627-489D-8CBA-23997A8082DA.jpeg
A9B9B4D1-042A-4953-84B3-860F87C64A20.jpeg

Brettafett

I have to add, 5* got their patterns from AVI's first version of their 55J14... Their Bronco also... this goes years back.
AVI has the original 55J14 this pattern was copied off.

London Cabbie

How so if you don't mind me asking. Also, the mouton on the avi looks amazing. By the time those pictures had been taken, had it been wet/exposed to the elements?
I dampened the mouton gently once but not really had it that long, with sweat and wear the wool will look awesome.
The depth on the 5* bi swing gussets are too deep, end up a bit batwing. I did discuss to no avail, unfortunately.

ties70

@London Cabbie ,

good choice, especially for the price!

The back construction of your AVI (and therefore the overall fit) is indeed the biggest advantage compared to the F* mouton collared jackets. Somehow F* seems to manage it rather well for some jackets, next jacket you see it's "bat wings" again.

The abrasions around the zipper box are coming from your constant and heavy use of a seat belt, I assume?
I am not sure if @MaydayWei meant exactly that, but one or two of the flakeings look like what we have seen on some F*.....But as I said: If this does not show anywhere else on your AVI, it's most likely from the seat belt and not an issue with the leather.

When @Brettafett posted the first photos of the updated AVI G-1, I instantly liked the mouton collar.
I am not sure if it is a bit fluffy for my taste (and it looks only fluffy in the close-up, it's perfect in the full pics!), but color and shape are really nice.

Overall, I like the jacket a lot!
We are getting ready to return back home from Spain in roughly two weeks, but if AVI still has a size 50 in July....?

Ties

Brettafett

Hold up for the M-422a Ties.... You know Im going to have to try one.
I only hope they do a decent job copying it.
I love the collar profile of the G&F, they tend to have slightly more length and narrower shoulders... If the goat and mouton is the same as on Stu's G-1, should be nice.
Also, I may have misunderstood, but I believe they will allow adding length if requested.

Both AVI & 5* have come aways over the last years (happy they are getting the knits right) and these jackets are really good buys (if youre not too pedantic on historical accuracy and 99% authenticity)...

MaydayWei

@London Cabbie ,

The abrasions around the zipper box are coming from your constant and heavy use of a seat belt, I assume?
I am not sure if @MaydayWei meant exactly that, but one or two of the flakeings look like what we have seen on some F*.....But as I said: If this does not show anywhere else on your AVI, it's most likely from the seat belt and not an issue with the leather.

The greyish colour of the leather, the shape of the pocket flaps, and the buttons look very similar.
As @Brettafett said, this is probably because 5*'s G-1's and AVI's are based on the same original pattern.