• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looks Like AVI is Back in the Game!

Peter242

Be strong ... the dark side is calling you .o_O

But of course I buy shearlings in the summer , live in Florida and talk a lot of shit about being strong, so I’m not the guy to listen to;)
Vader... Is the dark side stronger?
Yoda: No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

B-Man2

Just looked at the Bronson site -- nice looking pieces. Always eyeballed the U.S. Army mackinaw. ATF stopped making it a while ago.
If you look at the reviews section I’m pretty sure you”ll find a couple of reviews on the Bronson B-10 and B-15a jackets .

Brettafett

Both the Bronson and the Bob Dong B-10s were nice. Great value and well made. They are slightly different jackets in details and fit.
I read somewhere that ATF has revamped their B-10, so I'm keen to see how it compares to the above.

B-Man2

Both the Bronson and the Bob Dong B-10s were nice. Great value and well made. They are slightly different jackets in details and fit.
I read somewhere that ATF has revamped their B-10, so I'm keen to see how it compares to the above.
Good point .
I hope they come out soon.

Skyhawk

I am glad that AVI is making a comeback and wish them the very best. I remember there was an issue with their old jacket maker that may have ended with some theft of their patterns. I know they parted ways and switched manufacturers. That was a very unfortunate situation.

I have a Bronson B-10 and I really like it. Very warm. The mouton had a few bald spots, and a button popped off in the first few weeks. For a cheap repro though, I am happy. The pattern is very nice.

s4rmark

Hi,
Could anyone on here be able to help me out with a couple of measurements for AVI G-1 jackets in a 40 and 42? I have the basic measurements off the website but would like to know sleeve length , front length etc. I emailed morten over a week ago but have heard nothing as yet.
Cheers.

Brettafett

A-2 or G-1?
If you look at some of my reviews over the past years you should be able to find all of that, both A-2 and G-1, 40 and 42.
I will go back and check if I still have the measurements. Ill post them here laters...

London Cabbie

Hi,
Could anyone on here be able to help me out with a couple of measurements for AVI G-1 jackets in a 40 and 42? I have the basic measurements off the website but would like to know sleeve length , front length etc. I emailed morten over a week ago but have heard nothing as yet.
Cheers.
I have the 40 G-1 will do tonight

Brettafett

AVI 'Bronco' A-2 size 42 seal
The was circa end of 2019, so not sure if this is the current jacket offered. Also swopped the knits out.
Measurements approx:
SHOULDER SEAM TO SEAM: 18.25”
ARMPIT TO ARMPIT Front: 20.5”
ARMPIT TO ARMPIT Back: 21.75”
SLEEVES: 25.5”
BACK: 25” (22.25” leather)

ZIPPER: 22.5”

AVI 55J14 G-1
My original reviews here:
And zipper & knit here:
I understand these have recently been upgraded again, see Cabbie's reviews...

Approximate measurements:
Size 40
Back length, base collar to end of knit - 25.5"
Shoulder to shoulder across back - 19.5"
Pit to pit - 21"
Sleeve length, shoulder to end of knit - 25.5"
Zipper length - 22"

Size 42
Back length, base collar to end of knit - 26"
Shoulder to shoulder across back - 20.5"
Pit to pit - 22"
Sleeve length, shoulder to end of knit - 25.5"