• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looks Like AVI is Back in the Game!

pierregloom

Even if I try to keep a small hope that the jacket eventually arrives, I'm really angry with the transport company now, and/or with the thief who's now wearing it, or who will try to sell it to make money not knowing what kind of jacket he's dealing with...
Maybe it's just bad luck, but it's not cool :rolleyes: .

McNally

I really hope your jacket turns up. I live in a suckhole of postal woes so I know how frustrating it can be when something goes missing.

I'm new here and joined because I'm thinking about getting one of AVI's M-422As and wanted to have an account in case I needed to ask questions before I jumped in.

Enigma1938

Picsart_22-02-03_11-52-23-521.jpg

Peter242

Something's on the way ;)
For unknown reason the Avi packages are always stuck at a DPD pickup shop for 2-3 days before they move on their way to the customers. I expect it to be here next week.
I´m looking forward your impressions chistoph.....hope that the jacket meets your expectations.
Peter

Enigma1938

Have received the jacket and did a short first inspection.
I will start with a big thank you to Morten from AVI LEATHER for not taking offense on my criticism and for his honest will to satisfy his customers by quickly fixing the discovered teething problems. He seems to be patient and communicative all the time no matter how annoying his customers behave.

At first glance all the issues I had with the first M422 are fixed. The missing seams are present now, the hanger is where it is supposed to be, the right pocket is 170mm wide and the left is 185mm (I dunno how big was the difference on originals but at least there is one now). The leather feels indeed a tad thicker now.
After my last experience I ordered one size up (44 instead of 42, even 80% of my jackets are 42) to give a little more room and to avoid the bi swing to fold open constantly. Well it worked the half way for me; it's not that bad like on the 42 but has still a tendency to fold open quicker than on my G1. I figure that still depends on the thinner leather compared to the G1. Even it is a 44 now I still wish it could have a little more room here and there and a tad more length but this is maybe seen too critical, over all the jacket fits ok enough for me.
So this is a great improvement to my first M422 so far.
The zipper may not be a high end replica of the original talon but it works super smooth.
Mouton collar is a tad darker than on my first jacket but that doesn't bothers me, its of super good quality.
The very few contra points are the still sloppily worked out seams here and there, the visible "tape and glue" areas and one fault the craftsman did with my very own jacket: I customized the sleeves to be 3 cm shorter and it fits great but the craftsman obviously forgot to shorten the liner also so the sleeve liner is too long now, but fortunately that's not visible when the jacket is normally worn.
So my conclusion is that this M422 is a great jacket for the money! There may be better ones out there but for waaay more money. Even I still think AVIs G1 was / is of better quality I'm happy with my M422a. I'll definitely keep it ! I just wish it would have the original maker tag...

I cannot do some fit pics right now (will post later), can only add pictures of the (small) faults for now
20220207_152412.jpg
20220207_152558.jpg
20220207_152647.jpg
:

Brettafett

You should not need to do anything to these jackets, but if you wanted, I'm sure any local tailor or alterations shop could take the lining in a bit. I cant imagine this would be expensive.

Now wear the heck out of it!

Enigma1938

You should not need to do anything to these jackets, but if you wanted, I'm sure any local tailor or alterations shop could take the lining in a bit. I cant imagine this would be expensive.

Now wear the heck out of it!

I think I'll save that work for the summer days when I can spend some weeks without jackets :eek:
What about YOUR jacket? Still somewhere between Denmark and England?
And what about you @pierregloom, is there a new jacket on the way already? I'm curious about a second or third opinion about AVI's improved M422a...

Enigma1938

Btw is there someone out there who owns a original M422a (ideally a G&F one) who could gave us the measurements of the original pockets ?

pierregloom

I think I'll save that work for the summer days when I can spend some weeks without jackets :eek:
What about YOUR jacket? Still somewhere between Denmark and England?
And what about you @pierregloom, is there a new jacket on the way already? I'm curious about a second or third opinion about AVI's improved M422a...
Thanks for your review of these updates ! Can't wait to see it for real, my first updated size 38 is certainly lost but I keep hope to see it coming someday, it would be fun to have to send one back to Morten :D .
I'm waiting for the one that Morten put in production two weeks ago, I think it could arrive around mid february, but now I won't predict anything, it will be here when it will be here !
It's good to see that these updates were made for to end up with a better accurate jacket though.