• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looks Like AVI is Back in the Game!

B-Man2

Has AVI stopped producing the Perry in Russet? How does it compare to their Bronco? I ask as I’m looking for options to replace my Platon Dubow as it’s just too short in the body.
That’s one of the complaints about the Platon A2. I owned a size 48 that I loved but the damned things back length was only 25 inches. That’s not the normal length specs for a size 48 A2 .

Flightengineer

Has AVI stopped producing the Perry in Russet? How does it compare to their Bronco? I ask as I’m looking for options to replace my Platon Dubow as it’s just too short in the body.

Bearing in mind that you got size 42, may I ask how tall you are and what is the actual length of your russet Dubow?
Both of my jackets from Platon are in the same size and I'm more than happy with them, moreover, comparing them with the measurements of the originals of the same size present on our forums showed them completely identical in back length for size 42.

Beaker_UK

Bearing in mind that you got size 42, may I ask how tall you are and what is the actual length of your russet Dubow?
Both of my jackets from Platon are in the same size and I'm more than happy with them, moreover, comparing them with the measurements of the originals of the same size present on our forums showed them completely identical in back length for size 42.
Sure, a smidge over 6ft /183cm and the jacket is below.

Attachments

• 51BB7673-1732-4450-BC15-ECAF5264ECA6.jpeg
    51BB7673-1732-4450-BC15-ECAF5264ECA6.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 108

Flightengineer

Sure, a smidge over 6ft /183cm and the jacket is below.

Probably your height is the problem. My firs jacket is 60 cm long the other one is 60.5 cm and I'm 179 cm and both fits perfectly.
Because of this, Brett at one time managed to get the only Platon Dubow in the world 42 long

But in general A2 is a short jacket. My Eastman Star in size 40 is longer per inch than both Dubows and I'll say that I like Platon's jackets a little more

Beaker_UK

Probably your height is the problem. My firs jacket is 60 cm long the other one is 60.5 cm and I'm 179 cm and both fits perfectly.
Because of this, Brett at one time managed to get the only Platon Dubow in the world 42 long
That fits with what I am experiencing, wonder if I'll shrink as I age over the next few years.........

So the question now becomes that of what is a suitable alternate?

Flightengineer

That fits with what I am experiencing, wonder if I'll shrink as I age over the next few years.........

In the high leagues, at this price, Platon has no alternative. Everything will only be more expensive or second hand if you're lucky.
Or change the league, but it will not be the same quality and accuracy. The choice is yours.

As for height, yes, with age you will be a little shorter (alas, this is life and our spine is getting shorter). I'm a little older than you and in my youth my height was 181 cm, now 178-179.

pierregloom

I did two (glider) flights yesterday, wearing my Avi M422-A, equipped with a parachute, and it's amazing how comfortable it was.
In flight I completely forgot I was wearing my jacket, no discomfort in my movements, the fur on the collar is so comfortable when you keep turning your head in all directions.
And on the ground on a windy day like in my area these days, it really is the ideal jacket.

It's in these conditions that you realise that the shape of the USN jacket has been thought out and worked on with the idea of being practical.
The parachute fits naturally, without pulling on the leather, and the position once installed in the cockpit, fully strapped in, does not make any annoying folds.

Perfect jacket!

B-Man2

I did two (glider) flights yesterday, wearing my Avi M422-A, equipped with a parachute, and it's amazing how comfortable it was.
In flight I completely forgot I was wearing my jacket, no discomfort in my movements, the fur on the collar is so comfortable when you keep turning your head in all directions.
And on the ground on a windy day like in my area these days, it really is the ideal jacket.

It's in these conditions that you realise that the shape of the USN jacket has been thought out and worked on with the idea of being practical.
The parachute fits naturally, without pulling on the leather, and the position once installed in the cockpit, fully strapped in, does not make any annoying folds.

Perfect jacket!
Would love to see some photos wearing it with all your gear when you have time. :)

pierregloom

Would love to see some photos wearing it with all your gear when you have time. :)
No problem, I'll try to make this next time, I wasn't supposed to fly yesterday, weather wasn't good in the morning and quickly improved in the afternoon, so we speeded up to get the gliders out and try if we can male some fly.
I'll have some more time by the end of April, with the more warm days I want to try a flight with my flightsuit on as well ;).

physcult

I’m interested in your size 42 A2 in Russet horse for sale but can’t reply in the for sale/sell buy section (something about insufficient privileges) . I’ve PM‘d you
regards
Chris
IMG_2507.jpeg

Last edited:

Chandler