• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking like Virgil Hilts For Under $250.00, Can it be done ?

London Cabbie

Bert there will be a barbed wire jump too, won’t there...?
7841CE9D-A68D-4C98-867A-CB763C79119F.jpeg

B-Man2

Bert there will be a barbed wire jump too, won’t there...?View attachment 42428
Ok I wasn’t going to show this to you and Clark because it screams “Oh Look at me “
and I’m not that kinda of guy .. Honest...
But just for a laugh .. this is me circa 1973 at a Moto X track outside of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania called Murrysville Race Track.
No BS........
DB6E07D0-8C76-4BB3-A81D-A722610B92FB.jpeg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Conclusions:
Like I said earlier, there’s no way I would ever attempt to pull off a Hilts Impression at this point of my life . I would look like a complete idiot, showing up at a show and trying to pull it off. So why did I bother with this whole deal? Well , if you remember from the very first paragraph , I had Pandemic boredom and it seemed like a good idea at the time. It helped me get through another 10 or 11 days sitting home without much to do . Secondly I thought that just maybe some of you guys might enjoy following the progress of this venture and it would kill some time for you as well. Lastly , for the younger guys who might think about doing something like this , it shows you can get by without the $139.00 WWII Chino repro pants and the $100.00 Hilts sweatshirts. One last thing, as I mentioned earlier , with the exception of the baseball glove , all of this stuff can be worn and used down the road . I had actually thought of putting the jacket back up for sale on EBay and seeing if it would sell as a Hilts replica jacket. But when I saw how nice of a condition it was in , I thought why not turn this jacket into a tribute jacket that I had always thought about doing , and so I’ve decided to keep it and do just that . Strip off the patch and name tags and other stuff and make it into something more meaningful to me personally.
B92E9020-C4AC-465E-9E86-EFA3C8105966.jpeg

Thanks for your service Dad.
God Bless you and may you Rest In Peace.

Last edited:

jack31916

The Great Escape's 57th Anniversary ! A very good impression and the colorresemblance of the sweatshirt is striking ! Put the 507 patch on the jacket as a tribute to your father and as a conversation piece. Maybe some red or other color knits... Well done and thanks for this amusing thread!

London Cabbie

Thankyou for the past few weeks of excitedly waiting for the next instalment of the McQueen Lookikliey...Not only did you achieve your goals, we were entertained and you got to honour your Dad once again, Brilliant. I love this forum...:cool:

ausreenactor

Conclusions:
Like I said earlier, there’s no way I would ever attempt to pull off a Hilts Impression at this point of my life . I would look like a complete idiot, showing up at a show and trying to pull it off. So why did I bother with this whole deal? Well , if you remember from the very first paragraph , I had Pandemic boredom and it seemed like a good idea at the time. It helped me get through another 10 or 11 days sitting home without much to do . Secondly I thought that just maybe some of you guys might enjoy following the progress of this venture and it would kill some time for you as well. Lastly , for the younger guys who might think about doing something like this , it shows you can get by without the $139.00 WWII Chino repro pants and the $100.00 Hilts sweatshirts. One last thing, as I mentioned earlier , with the exception of the baseball glove , all of this stuff can be worn and used down the road . I had actually thought of putting the jacket back up for sale on EBay and seeing if it would sell as a Hilts replica jacket. But when I saw how nice of a condition it was in , I thought why not turn this jacket into a tribute jacket that I had always thought about doing , and so I’ve decided to keep it and do just that . Strip off the patch and name tags and other stuff and make it into something more meaningful to me personally.
View attachment 42507

Thanks for your service Dad.
God Bless you and may you Rest In Peace.
Great Work Burt!
Consider just the pocket patch less the Airborne tab....

Members online

Latest posts