• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for info on this jacket

Akang ed

Hi everyone, greeting from indonesia, love this forum.

Can anyone help me,need some info on this jacket, I can't find anything on net.

Brand : Numac
Made in : Sydney australia
Size:42

Attachments

• IMG_20180909_135855.jpg
    IMG_20180909_135855.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 579
  • IMG_20180906_075518.jpg
    IMG_20180906_075518.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 589
  • IMG_20180909_135952.jpg
    IMG_20180909_135952.jpg
    963.3 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_20180909_140834_928.jpg
    IMG_20180909_140834_928.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 564

Ken at Aero Leather

Hi Ken, yes the pocket zipper is "OPTI" how do you know that?
988ac4b2ca67045f8a6960aec4b708ff.jpg

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

Recognised the slider, we used these Optis for repairing vintage jackets in The Thrift Shop, mainly because old Talon and Conmar sliders worked on the teeth so we kept the look right. That puller dates from mid 70s to at least mid 80s, I'd guess your jacket was probably made in the very late 80s, looks like a copy of something Aero was making back then, the styling but especially the lining. By 1990 we had loads of folk copying us

Akang ed

Recognised the slider, we used these Optis for repairing vintage jackets in The Thrift Shop, mainly because old Talon and Conmar sliders worked on the teeth so we kept the look right. That puller dates from mid 70s to at least mid 80s, I'd guess your jacket was probably made in the very late 80s, looks like a copy of something Aero was making back then, the styling but especially the lining. By 1990 we had loads of folk copying us
Amazing, you can tell this just by looking on to a zipper, thank you for the info, wonderful to know little history of it, currently it's my daily used, picked in the flea market here in Jakarta. I have few other old jackets, I'll post later, hope you could tell the backround story of them also, thanks agains.

Akang ed

I thought he was talking about Jakarta, Indonesia.
Yes I'm from Jakarta Indonesia, we have tropical climate here, humidity between 25 to 32'C, we going to have monsoon season soon.

I ride motorcycles almost every day, most people do here and I need good jacket to protect my self, but I don't know why I can not stop picking up old jacket after I got the first one :)

B-Man2

I completely understand. I lived in Thailand for a year , and it was a similar climate. Very hot and humid and then very wet during the rainy season . Leather rotted very quickly there.

Akang ed

Opti is ( West) German.
http://www.industrie.coats.de/company/history/opti/
The Opti-zippers are flooding the repair market since they are cheap and largely available.
@Akang ed, welcome in the club...happy to have a coffee with you in Jakarta next week...Will be there from 24th to 28th.
Hi Pilot, sorry for late respond been little occupided with some work related, what flight are you flying to Jakarta, operating or as pax?

This jacket was made in either Campsie or Padstow NSW Australia (the company moved factories)........my father used to work for a motorcycle leather shop and this company made motorcycle leathers as well as "chore jackets" apparently
It's a traditional design that's been around way before Aero and the leather is more robust as well (well more robust than my bovine A2 jacket by them)