• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for early Type N-3 manufacturer list.

Dany McDonald

Hello,

I've been looking at some early N-3 ''parkas'' on the web and would like to know if there is a list of manufacturers?

I've seen original REED N-3 but nothing else, except for Real Mccoy RAINIER N-3 repro with no evidence of an original yet. It's also the case for N-2's, REED & RAINIER originals, but nothing else.

Many thanks in advance!

Dany

917_k

Sigmund Eisner Co. also made N-3s. I must admit I’ve only ever seen (and admittedly haven’t seen many) original N-3s made by Reed Products Inc & Sigmund Eisner.

Dany McDonald

Does Gear up have all the dates & manufacturers? Cause I am starting to really itch for this type of info!

Thanks,

Dany

Dany McDonald

Hi Carl & others,

Just returned Gear up! to Amazon as it doesn't have manufacturers list and fiscal year for contracts. Just so you guys with the same quest as I, don't buy this book. It's okay for info on different flight kits until 45, but no dates/manufactures.

Dany

Dany McDonald

In my quest I did find 3 contractors for early N-3 Parkas, Reed Products, Rainier INC and Sigmund Eisner CO.

Here's the jackets for references.

Rainier:

11201627_5831504d3491a.jpg

Reed Products:

89-10-0012-2.jpg

Sigmund Eisner:

mt68-1.jpg

There could be others contracts...

Real Mccoys did reproduced Reed and Rainier while Buzz does a Reed version. I should have Buzz version arriving soon from Japan and will add a couple of images to this post.

Please add or correct any information to this post!

Thank you,

Dany

Carl

Dany , I think I must apologise! Just re re read one of my replies!! :eek: :eek:
The book you need is "FULL GEAR " not "Gear up "
I can only apologise for my monumental typo cock up !!

Dany McDonald

Carl no problem my friend, you've pointed me in the right direction more than one time!

And Amazon is easy to return...

Wish (yeah right) "FULL GEAR " was easy to find and afford!!! Man why was the original plates or files destroyed??? A digital format of "FULL GEAR " would also do the job for me...

Dany

Carl

Carl no problem my friend, you've pointed me in the right direction more than one time!

And Amazon is easy to return...

Wish (yeah right) "FULL GEAR " was easy to find and afford!!! Man why was the original plates or files destroyed??? A digital format of "FULL GEAR " would also do the job for me...

Dany
I dont know !! After speaking at length with the author I was still no closer to learning why !!
If I had a copy ,I'd just scan it ;)