• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for an image of an original The Paul Reed Co. B-10?

Dany McDonald

Hi,

Has anyone ever seen an original Paul Reed B-10? Looking on the web to find an image but to no avail.

They made a contract in 1944, small but, hard to find.

Thank you,

Dany

Dany McDonald

Hi ausreenactor,

The Few did one, and I am trying to compare the shape and color from an original one. I really like what I see but uncertain if The Few took liberties with details and colors.

Thank's

D

Carl

The Paul Reed contract was the smallest contract for B10's with an estimated production total of 6,222 jackets being produced . Unlike many of the other manufacturers, they only produced the B10 jacket and not the trousers in this contract.

Carl

Screenshot_20201104-140643_Facebook.jpg

Carl

Looks like my mistake Dany , I always thought it was 2 different companies .
But both in Wisconsin .
Interesting , need to delve into this one .
Maybe a bit like Eddie BBauerand its subsidiaries .

Dany McDonald

Hi,

So I decided to pull the trigger on this Few Paul Reed B-10 reproduction. It's a shot in the dark regarding details vs original as no images have made their way to me yet. Hope it's on par with, let's say Eastman B-10 regarding authenticity vs Buzz artistic liberties. Sorry if I sound like a rivet or stitch counter, but this is how I enjoy my hobby... ;)

From a hardware and overall colors perspectives it looks close to the patterns we see in originals. Knits match the body color, Conmar M45 brass zip, alpaca seems close to the original brown/gray, collar looks very close in color and tag is spot on... Buttons and pocket design is unknown, yet.

Thank you,

PaulReed-B-10-01.jpg
PaulReed-B-10-02.jpg

B-Man2

It looks good in those photos. I’ve always found that if I was happy with a jacket, then that’s pretty much all that was important to me. So enjoy it and post some fit pictures when it arrives .
Congrats !

ausreenactor

Some BR reproductions of particular contracts are as good as it gets. The idiosyncrasies in the same production year vary a lot depending on the version.

This RM looks great!