• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for an ELC HH Havana Brown size 40 or 42

Skanstull

Ahhh.... the purist, idealistic approach to jacket buying by the novice . It makes me smile knowing that you will pay those new jacket prices of $1000.-$1400. and at some
point sell it to guys like me, for 1/3 of the original price for a perfectly good jacket that requires nothing more than a good cleaning and reconditioning. Here’s hoping your a size 46. If you are... We’ll be talkin again soon Bro!!:cool:

PS ......Oh ...and by the way there.... My novice idealistic friend ...With that attitude, I would suggest you don’t ever even think about buying a WWII original A2 , because back in those days the parties didn’t really get started until at least a couple of guys puked up on themselves! :)
Sorry if I offended you with my 'attitude' - I was just trying be funny.

But no, it is true, I am not interested in buying a WWII original - but I have the greatest respect for those who do. And I think it's great that there is a secondary market for used leather jackets!

B-Man2

Sorry if I offended you with my 'attitude' - I was just trying be funny.

But no, it is true, I am not interested in buying a WWII original - but I have the greatest respect for those who do. And I think it's great that there is a secondary market for used leather jackets!
No offense taken and no offense meant in return . You have a valid point and likewise I was trying to be funny in return.
But ..... just in case your are a size 46 ....
write down B-man2 some place and give me first dibbs on all of your cast offs;)
Cheers Dude!

Smithy

Struth, do you buy your toothbrushes or underwear with an eye to resale value too? ;) After all said and done repro flight jackets are just ....jackets, items of clothing.

I'm with you 100% Steve. I don't understand the whole buy a piece of clothing which is essentially workwear and then be terrified of wearing the thing. And then ooh and aah about how good they look in period pictures of originals during the war.

I find such thinking worrying as people who do this must spend most of their time fretting about everything that could happen. Do that kind of shit all the time and you'll f#¤& yourself up and wind up peeing in milk bottles and wiping door knobs with nappy wipes before you know it.