• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for an ELC HH Havana Brown size 40 or 42

Serghei87

Dear All,

I am looking to buy an ELC HH in havana brown colour size between 40-42.

Anyone may have for sell?

What other brands produce jackets in a similar colour?

Thanks for your help and info guys!

Cheers

Serghei

Brettafett

Eastman has a classifieds section, sometimes find a decent secondhand jacket there.
Ebay?
JaDubowmfg has an excellent Dubow in a gorgeous russet.
Bill Kelso has jackets offered in russet Liberty, as above.
Then there's Aero's Vicenza....

Serghei87

Eastman has a classifieds section, sometimes find a decent secondhand jacket there.
Ebay?
JaDubowmfg has an excellent Dubow in a gorgeous russet.
Bill Kelso has jackets offered in russet Liberty, as above.
Then there's Aero's Vicenza....

I had the chance to get this week an ELC Pearl Harbor Time Worn in havana brown colour with my size but it was in Steerhide so i passed...but i do not know if i did a mistake letting it go as i do not see this colour on sale at all since i started looking :)

As where i live in Luxembourg rains so often! I thought waiting for a horsehide is better as it is better at water repelling if i am not mistaken.

mulceber

I had the chance to get this week an ELC Pearl Harbor Time Worn in havana brown colour with my size but it was in Steerhide so i passed...but i do not know if i did a mistake letting it go as i do not see this colour on sale at all since i started looking :)

As where i live in Luxembourg rains so often! I thought waiting for a horsehide is better as it is better at water repelling if i am not mistaken.

All of the options Brett listed are Horsehide as well. ;) I'm not sure it's true though that there's a difference in water repellency. Different hides have different characteristics, but how well they repel water is more a reflection of how the leather is made than the hide.

Last edited:

Southoftheborder

A Pearl Harbour I bought a couple of years ago soaked up water like a sponge. It was fairly new when I bought it - a couple of years old - and was in HH. The water darkened it seemingly permanently and I had to wet it all over to balance the colour out. I moved it on after that.

Brettafett

My Havana ELC RW1401s were semi-aniline and absorbed water if caught in the rain, but no unusual dark spots after drying.... Helped develop character though. (Don't eat or play with anything oily wearing your semi-aniline jackets!)

Smithy

(Don't eat or play with anything oily wearing your semi-aniline jackets!)

See that's just plain wrong. You should be able to wear these things and treat them rough like the originals were and not have to worry about that sort of rubbish.

Here's Vic France and Dick Douglas of 334 having some doughnuts and coffee. None of your delicate, modern trendy A-2 leather there. Greasy doughnut fingers? No problem!

media-19122.jpeg

Brettafett

Hahaha Yes Tim, but they didn't pay £1099+ for their jackets!
But, yes, completely agree with you. I spilled some oily stuff on one of my RW1401s at a market, had a 30 sec panic attack, then coached myself exactly as you said above. Builds character and makes your jacket, uniquely yours!

Serghei87

Hahaha Yes Tim, but they didn't pay £1099+ for their jackets!
But, yes, completely agree with you. I spilled some oily stuff on one of my RW1401s at a market, had a 30 sec panic attack, then coached myself exactly as you said above. Builds character and makes your jacket, uniquely yours!
i will have to coach myself as well to ignore future accident because i freak out when i destroy some clothes and object i really like. I start to panic just like you

B-Man2

CB2DD0A5-18AE-4419-B9DF-5AC06283533E.jpeg

OK .... here’s the list minus a “menu “ or two of other items.

Motor oil. Spaghetti Sauce
French Fry oil. Red Wine
Ketchup . Chocolate Syrup
Waffle House Syrup. Beer. (Several times)
Entire Bottle of Coca Cola.
Puke from to much beer.
( Not trying to steal the thread, just contributing to the discussion )
Anybody interested in a “Lightly used “A2 for sale) :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Serghei87

View attachment 25592

French Fry oil. Red Wine
Puke from to much beer.
( Not trying to steal the thread, just contributing to the discussion )
Anybody interested in a “Lightly used “A2 for sale) :rolleyes:
It just added that extra character that everybody loves in a jacket ha ha

Dany McDonald

I am now a one and a half year old A-2 wearer and I tend to look at my jackets as a whole. I wear them as motorcycle jackets primarily and I ride a lot, like everyday. Let say that my A-2's and my triumph are one kit. The aging is rapid, shows and smells like gloves, boots.... and thats what I enjoy with leather garments.

D

ausreenactor

I've had wine and beer spilled my ELC Werber, ate greasy NYC pizza on the street, and caught in rain showers in my 1401p. No babying going on here.

I would lose my shit, spill my showbag and never recover..... the resale.....the resale....value just went through the floor...

Skanstull

French Fry oil. Red Wine
Puke from to much beer.

So when someone asks why some of us are willing to pay a premium for a new, unused jacket, please refer to this thread...:cool:

P2725TMB

I think it’s the transition that’s the stressor. My meaning is the first one or two marks on an otherwise blemish free perfect leather shell is going to really hurt, but when it’s got loads it balances out, just looks old, used and becomes ‘character’.

For instance, I have an aluminium wedding ring made of 1940 Spitfire aluminium. When new it was burnished bright with not a mark. However, aluminium is soft and quite quickly it showed a scratch line around the raised centre of the ring, which looked horrid. However, I resisted the temptation to re-polish and now that it’s scratched all over it looks so much nicer, as it looks old, as 1940 metal should, with an overall dull glow.

B-Man2

So when someone asks why some of us are willing to pay a premium for a new, unused jacket, please refer to this thread...:cool:
Ahhh.... the purist, idealistic approach to jacket buying by the novice . It makes me smile knowing that you will pay those new jacket prices of $1000.-$1400. and at some
point sell it to guys like me, for 1/3 of the original price for a perfectly good jacket that requires nothing more than a good cleaning and reconditioning. Here’s hoping your a size 46. If you are... We’ll be talkin again soon Bro!!:cool:

PS ......Oh ...and by the way ... My novice idealistic friend ...With that attitude, I would suggest you don’t ever even think about buying a WWII original A2 , because back in those days the parties didn’t really get started until at least a couple of guys puked up on themselves! :)

Last edited: