• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a "stamp"...

ButteMT61

Hey guys, my son is making closing again, and he wants to use an ink stamp in the waist of the slacks to show size. He may also do the small size tag, depending on the particular model.

Does anyone here know how/who makes stamps (using the A-2 stamps on the lining as an example)?
Anyone know what kind of ink?

Looking for a source/info, so anything would be great! Thank you...

Scott

Smithy

Hi Scott,

I bought a USAAF stamp from a chap on Fleabay yonks ago. Unfortunately can't remember the fellow's seller name but if he's still on there a search should bring him up. It's excellent quality, stamps beautifully, wooden handle.

Sorry bit vague but maybe a starting point.

Cheers and Happy New Year by the way, hope your folks are doing well too.

Tim

ButteMT61

Cheers, Tim!
I'll look around there to start...
Lost my mom at the end of 2020, so it's been a struggle coping with the guilt of not being able to be with her, etc.

Happy New Year my friend - hoping '21 is treating you well - better than that last mess of a year.

Smithy

Cheers, Tim!
I'll look around there to start...
Lost my mom at the end of 2020, so it's been a struggle coping with the guilt of not being able to be with her, etc.

Happy New Year my friend - hoping '21 is treating you well - better than that last mess of a year.

I'm sorry to hear that mate.

Fingers crossed for '21 here too!

ausreenactor

Rubber stamps used to be advertised on the covers of mags and in papers all the time.....

Can't recall seeing them in years....

Google! It knows everything. More than that Bing dude...