• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a Patch/ WW2 USN VPB-105

Cyril

I posted an AN-J3a jacket that a pilot who served in VPB-105 flying from Dunkewell/UK wore in 1944/1945. The units insignia was the one below (policeman).
I could not find any pictures of this being a patch on a jacket (neither painted on a plane...). You can find several pictures of pilots with patched jackets being in VPB-103 based in Dunkeswell at the same time. They had a nice Bugs Bunny one...
Does anyone knows something about the policeman-patch or has a photo of it?
paul-pokrifki.jpg
USN VFB-103 Dunkeswell patch.jpg
Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-08 um 11.37.33.png

Cyril

nice! there must have been a lot different bunnies around at the time;) The "policeman" though is the one i can't find anything on...

Cyril

Interesting, thanks. Does that mean you really had different squadrons using the same insignia? Have you ever seen it on a jacket?

EMBLEMHUNTER

Interesting, thanks. Does that mean you really had different squadrons using the same insignia? Have you ever seen it on a jacket?
Yes, the Navy during WW2 and latter had a bad habit of using many of the same images for the units when they changed "designations/missions" it makes for a very hard time in tracing thier operations and lineages ....... so far I haven't seen it on a jacket , usually the older ones like this one were only on the aircraft noses etc , but that's not to say it wasn't ever made into/worn as a patch ....