• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a GMT

Happy Hooligan

I'm looking for a new or used Rolex GMT Pepsi dial. Ideally it would be new or around 1970. Where is a good place to find one? Patina is okay with me. It's going to be a daily worn watch so I'm not looking for perfect. Perfect is great though if you know of one.

thanks for you help.

Clark J

I hope you a shit ton of money brother those things are out of reach ! How about a sapphire Master II from 91 I’ve owned it since the early 90s ! Last serviced in 12 runs like a top !!

Clark J

Since I purchased my Datejust 41 I haven’t worn the GMT a handful of times in 2 years . I think the 1675s are nice I guess I miss what all the fuss is with them ? If I was going to wear it a lot I’d get a sapphire model ,, 16750 ? Or just the 16710 with the 3135 movement,, hard to beat it ! Save a bit of money too .

Clark J

Funny thing I was looking to buy Vette until this piece of junk came into my life ,, $ 10,000 bucks for a combined water heater and in floor heat ,, took a big chunk of my car $$

Attachments

• BB7B8979-33C7-489B-9C5E-497978FAD701.jpeg
    BB7B8979-33C7-489B-9C5E-497978FAD701.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 126

33-1729

I'm looking for a new or used Rolex GMT Pepsi dial. Ideally it would be new or around 1970. Where is a good place to find one? Patina is okay with me. It's going to be a daily worn watch so I'm not looking for perfect. Perfect is great though if you know of one.

thanks for you help.

I kept chipping the cyclops lens on my GMT II and various Submariners/Sea-Dwellers with the acrylic lens and would recommend getting a sapphire crystal for everyday wear. The independently adjustable quickset hand in the II model is a nice upgrade over the I. For a stainless steel GMT expect ~10 to 15k, regardless of year, making the Gold/SS and all Gold look almost cheap by comparison. I think the GMT looks best with a Jubilee bracelet, but the older bracelets can be really stretched out so be careful with your purchase. If it's got a tight band that's a good sign.

Three well-respected U.S. watch dealers are Bob’s Watches, Gray & Sons, and Wingate's (links below).

Bob’s Watches - https://www.bobswatches.com/

Grey & Sons - https://www.grayandsons.com/

Wingate’s - https://www.tic-tock.com/

Clark J

Join rolexfourums.com lots of 100% trusted sellers and you’ll get a fair deal . Bought and sold a few there myself .

Happy Hooligan

Since I purchased my Datejust 41 I haven’t worn the GMT a handful of times in 2 years . I think the 1675s are nice I guess I miss what all the fuss is with them ? If I was going to wear it a lot I’d get a sapphire model ,, 16750 ? Or just the 16710 with the 3135 movement,, hard to beat it ! Save a bit of money too .
do you have a GMT you're not wanting anymore?

Clark J

You are aware what the 16710s are selling for ? Not close to what a 1675 are selling for but they’re up in price. CJ

Pilot

Sold mine here a while ago ( full set “Pepsi” 16710-P) : www.chrono24.com
Best place IMO, also plenty of buyers/sellers from USA ( and other countries).
Bought also several others via that place...only top, best, experiences.

Last edited:

Ed Rooney

One of my greatest regrets was walking into a local jeweler 7 or 8 years ago, seeing a stick-dial Pepsi 16710 for $4K and not immediately pulling the trigger. I thought the 16600 Sea Dweller would be more valuable in the long run since it had been discontinued.