• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for 4th FG Korea patch

Greg Gale

I'd really love to have a patch like this one for my Bronson L-2. It's 27 USD on ebay, which is a fair price, but shipping to Hungary plus ebay's import charges are 38 (!) USD, and the patch is not worth 65 bucks in total. Does anyone know of any other maker/source? I haven't been able to find one.

s-l1600.jpg

ausreenactor

I have a repro here.. along with the BR 335th patch.. There are others that pop up from time to time on eBay. Try Saunders Insignia too.

Someone here might take delivery and ship it forward for you? That is what I love about this place. Can't replicate the sense of community we have here...

Just ask. Someone (if not more) will step up for you..

ausreenactor

Email this guy. He has a lot of stuff that is cheap. Shipping takes time via AFPO. I got the Hells Angels patch for US$15 with a buck or two shipping. Email him what you want. I expect he enlists local vendors to do the patches and he marks them up. Some great stuff in there..

Rutger

s-l1600.jpg

I don't want to be rude. Below is the one I have. One bought on VLJ like ten years ago, the other one maybe 5 years ago on ebay. Compare them with the pic of the pilots up above in the thread. I think they may be originals, they don't have the stiffness which often comes with recent repro's. But if they are repro's they are top notch.
IMG_20200115_201109745.jpg

Here's my L-2A with the patch sewn on. Had that done oh like 4 years ago.
Still waiting for my embroidered 334th patch, ordered in march 2013. Yes, 2013.
The flashlight makes the yellow a bit brighter than it is.
IMG_20200115_201355797.jpg

IMG_20200115_201439178.jpg

To quote a favorite : "Now you've got to ask yourself one question."
Which patch would you rather put on your L-2A?

Smithy

I think BR have stuffed up the 334th patch. At that stage the 334th was a fighter interceptor squadron so the patch should read: 334th FTR INTCP SQDN. The only 334th patches from Korea I have seen with the name underneath and missing the interceptor element are embroidered this way: 334th FTR SQDN. Either way I think they've made a balls up.

ausreenactor

Yeah but the script is sexier than anything you can get cheaply. Commission Ties or Miro for a cracker of a repro.. ??

Greg Gale

That BR looks pretty neat, but costs way more than I'd be willing to spend. I already have a good fitting, good enough quality L-2 from Bronson, so that's the one I'm patching. I already have the Eagle on, I'm only missing the 4th patch.

B-Man2

Great looking jacket guys but at around $435.00 each...... plus shipping and customs fees ... your blowing thru the $500.00 mark.Thats the cost of a Platon horsehide DuBow.
I think I’d be looking at the cheaper option as well.
Your patch is on the way Greg , I should have it by next Tuesday . I ll post it off to your shipping address soon after.
Cheers