• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Listed an original B-15 and an Aero A-2 on eBay

Smithy

Good luck with them Peter. There is life after jackets.

Too true mate.

I think I'm moving on a bit, not in terms that I don't like VLJs or the military stuff or won't wear them anymore, but I think I've reached the point where I'm just not interested in getting any others now. Maybe that's due to the price increases but I also think that I've reached that bit where you're just happy with what you have and just wear the things. I don't have that feeling that I had for years where I was thinking "I have to have one of those". I still love all the associated history and all that but I just don't have that urge that I want or must have one of those or one of them anymore.

Good luck with the auctions Peter, lovely jackets but as the others have said that B-15 is something else!

Dover

Wow those are both great jackets. That b-15 is a stunner...but too small for me. Best of luck with the sale and your other pursuits.

Peter Graham

Good luck with the jackets Peter ,sorry to lose you from the forum mate .

Be Well my friend .

BIP
Cheers chum. I’m not leaving the forum, just concentrating on a project that requires a decent camera so I’ll be lurking about here for the foreseeable future.

Smithy

Cheers chum. I’m not leaving the forum, just concentrating on a project that requires a decent camera so I’ll be lurking about here for the foreseeable future.

Definitely don't just lurk Peter if you have the time. You're one of the more knowledgeable chaps on here and also one of the nicest blokes. Just because you're not buying jackets every five minutes doesn't mean you shouldn't post. Can you say anymore about the project? Sounds intriguing.

Peter Graham

Definitely don't just lurk Peter if you have the time. You're one of the more knowledgeable chaps on here and also one of the nicest blokes. Just because you're not buying jackets every five minutes doesn't mean you shouldn't post. Can you say anymore about the project? Sounds intriguing.
That’s very kind of you Smithy. The project stems from September 2017 when my partner and I bought a small apartment in Berlin. It’s a city that endlessly fascinates me and I hope to move there full time within the next few years. Since I first started going there in 2013 I have been photographing the reminders of WW2. Nazi architecture, bunkers, trenches, old munitions, but mainly battle damaged buildings. I thought others might be interested in the photos so I started a Facebook page called Berlin Battle Damage that has proved to be quite popular. A friend who is writing a book on the battle of Berlin asked me to contribute to it in relation to what remains today. This set me thinking about doing my own book on what remains from WW2 in Berlin. A dark tourism guide I suppose. I have a great photographer on board in the shape of VLJ member Steve Hall and possibly a publisher interested. I just need to get my finger out. So basically I’m selling the jackets plus other gear to buy a decent camera as I’m just using an iPhone at the minute. This will enable me to up my game with the FB page and take any shots for the book that Steve can’t get. That’s the plan anyway ! Here’s a link to the FB page if anyone’s interested.
https://www.facebook.com/BerlinBDamage/

Bombing IP

What sort of camera are you looking to buy for you project . I find this subject very interesting WW2 and the Berlin wall lot of history .

BIP

Last edited:

Smithy

That’s very kind of you Smithy. The project stems from September 2017 when my partner and I bought a small apartment in Berlin. It’s a city that endlessly fascinates me and I hope to move there full time within the next few years. Since I first started going there in 2013 I have been photographing the reminders of WW2. Nazi architecture, bunkers, trenches, old munitions, but mainly battle damaged buildings. I thought others might be interested in the photos so I started a Facebook page called Berlin Battle Damage that has proved to be quite popular. A friend who is writing a book on the battle of Berlin asked me to contribute to it in relation to what remains today. This set me thinking about doing my own book on what remains from WW2 in Berlin. A dark tourism guide I suppose. I have a great photographer on board in the shape of VLJ member Steve Hall and possibly a publisher interested. I just need to get my finger out. So basically I’m selling the jackets plus other gear to buy a decent camera as I’m just using an iPhone at the minute. This will enable me to up my game with the FB page and take any shots for the book that Steve can’t get. That’s the plan anyway ! Here’s a link to the FB page if anyone’s interested.

Fantastic idea for a book Peter and I'll buy a copy when it comes to fruition!

And thanks for the FB link, I'm going to have a good old gander at that this evening.

Peter Graham

What sort of camera are you looking to buy for you project . I find this subject very interesting WW2 and the Berlin wall lot of history .

BIP
I don’t need anything hugely sophisticated. A high end compact with WiFi will do the job. I’m considering a Panasonic Lumix TZ90.

Lorenzo_l

That sounds like a fantastic idea for a book, Peter. My impression is that, as time passes and WW2 veterans pass away, the event and its (terrible) consequences are fading from memory, so any new effort to document aspects and consequences of the war are a worthy cause. Best of luck and keep us posted, please.

Pilot

Wow! fantastic project. All the good luck. Thx for sharing.