• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

" Light Bombardment And Twilight Pursuit Squadron"

Maverickson

This is a photograph of a culmination of fifteen years of Naval Aviation for my late father. The squadron VA-152 is aboard the USS Forestal on a Mediterranean Cruise in 1969. The squadron had recently finished a devastating Vietnam combat tour aboard the USS Oriskany and just transitioned to the A-4 Skyhawk from the AD Skyraider. VA-152 flew some of the last propeller planes in combat during Vietnam. The pilots are all fired up and wearing new Skyhawk patches which are white with the blue screaming hawk.
4-28-2008-8.jpg

My father can be seen in the middle of the picture wearing the fore & aft hat ( piss cutter) and standing directly under the intake.

dujardin

hellooooooooooooo,

nice souvenirs for you and nice photos for us; thanks for sharing this one with us.

byeeeeeeeeee marcel

Maverickson said:
This is a photograph of a culmination of fifteen years of Naval Aviation for my late father. The squadron VA-152 is aboard the USS Forestal on a Mediterranean Cruise in 1969. The squadron had justs finished a devastating Vietnam combat tour aboard the USS Oriskany and just transitioned to the A-4 Skyhawk from the AD Skyraider. VA-152 flew some of the last propeller planes in combat during Vietnam. The pilots are all fired up and wearing new Skyhawk patches which are white with the blue screaming hawk.
4-28-2008-8.jpg

My father can be seen in the middle of the picture wearing the fore & aft hat ( piss cutter) and standing directly under the intake.

Excellent pic!!! Wow, look at those Weps!!! Everyone seems happy, more importantly, all in one piece....

Maverickson

The partial image of the tiger as seen painted on the USS Forrestal island superstructure above the airplane in the squadron pictue was also made into a patch. The tiger patch was found in fathers navy patch collection. Until now I never understood the significance of the tiger in his patch collection. It must have been the mascot of the flight crews for Air Wing 17 working aboard the Forrestal.
TonytheTiger-1.jpg