• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lest we forget the women!

A

Anonymous

Re donations its not alway the best ,My friend Mick Prodjer told me a lot of people donated their jackets to the Conferate Air force .He told me that they were all piled in a heap rotting under a leaky roof when he asked about buying them they would not sell them to him .Yet they always have their hand out for money ,this was in the early 90s.

All the best Jeff .

442RCT

I've had similar experiences with "museums". One was was on a USAF base. Families would donate their dads, grandfather's memorabilia to the museum, but the items would never be seen on display. When asked by the family, they would be told that the items were missing (probably on e-Bay). There was no accounting system at the museum for donations received. Also when the base was decommissioned, the museum was closed and none knows where the stuff was sent.
I had a 'museum' ask me to donate some of my stuff. I found out they had already had so much 'stuff' donated, there was no room in the museum to display most of it. They had the stuff stored in a storage building until they could expand and have the room for display.

zoomer

442RCT said:
I've had similar experiences with "museums". One was was on a USAF base. Families would donate their dads, grandfather's memorabilia to the museum, but the items would never be seen on display. When asked by the family, they would be told that the items were missing (probably on e-Bay). There was no accounting system at the museum for donations received. Also when the base was decommissioned, the museum was closed and none knows where the stuff was sent.
Well y'know...a lot of the stuff, including all the leathers, was labeled PROPERTY AIR FORCE U.S. ARMY.
If you were an officer in charge of such-and-such a storage building, you could easily conclude that it still belonged to the government, had ALWAYS belonged to the government, and that if the space was needed it simply ought to be trashed.