• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legendary's Horsehide Wild Stallion...

Tommer45

So I did it... I've been eyeing Legendary's Black Stallion for a couple of years now, and a few months ago when I saw it offered in brown I've been scheming to get one. For a short while I was up in the air about whether to get the Legendary or the Aero King of the Road. Aero's horsehide, in my opinion, is by far the most superior horse I've ever laid hands on. I know I would have been happy with the KOR, but I have a history with the Black/Wild Stallion (hours of drooling over it's pictures, reading reviews about it, and just plain wishing I had one). So I knew that if I didn't get it, I'd always feel the need to get one down the road.

A major selling factor was that Legendary now requests that Schott leave OFF the felt fusable, which in my opinion made my Schott 641HH feel spongy and not like real leather. The Wild Stallion I just received feels worlds better than the 641. It feels like real leather.. it's very nice. Aero quality HH? No, but then again what is? After scrunching up the sleeves for a while as my wife watched one of her beloved reality shows, I was surprised to see so much grain popping out already. I think this jacket is really gonna be a looker down the road.

Forgive my lousy pictures.. I am headed out of town for a film in Boston for a while and just quickly snapped some pics with my cell phone so I could at least get some up here for you guys. As the jacket breaks in I'll of course update this thread.

WS1.jpg

WS2.jpg

One of the things I am very happy with is that the quilted lining is very low-profile, and not puffy like the one that was in my 641 (that I eventually had replaced). I feel it will keep me warm and it doesn't add any bulk to the jacket.. the jacket fits and feels as if a standard lining is in it.

Here's a side by side with my Langlitz Cascade just to show the color when compared to a dark brown. In size 46, the Stallion's dimensions are nearly identical to my custom Langlitz. It fits great and freedom of movement is great (that was an area that the Aero concerned me with.. my LHB is a 48 with a huge action-back and it is still restrictive).

WS3.jpg

So while I apologize for the shoddy review, I really don't have much to go on being that I just got the jacket yesterday. All I can say is that the build quality is high and so far I am really pleased. Oh and I left the belt off for the pictures in case you were wondering if it came standard or as an option.

More to come...

Tommer

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Great colour, Tommer ... it makes the classic style really come alive.

Another big advantage over the Aero (well it would have been for me), is that you didn't have the long wait.

And yes ... show us some more pictures when it's all creased up.

Falcon_52

Tommer -

The hide looks pretty good straight out of the box. It definitely has a very unique look to it - it kind of reminds me a bit of the jacket the DiCaprio wore in "The Aviator" during the shooting of "Hell's Angels." It's a beauty!

How heavy would you say that the leather is? It looks somewhere in the range of 3 - 3.5oz just from the pictures or is it heavier than that?

Enjoy breaking that one in!

Noel

Tommer45

Hey Noel, according to Herman at Legendary the hide is 3.75 oz, and judging by the heft and feel I have no reason to think it would be any thinner. It doesn't feel as substantial as my LW, but then again what does? And honestly I wouldn't want a moto jacket that thick and stiff anyway. It feels pretty similar to the heft and thickness of my heavyweight Langlitz.

And yes I think I'll definitely enjoy breaking this one in!

Tommer

Tommer45

I think I'm gonna go post this on the FL... although I am fearing for my life because those guys are nuts about Aero (yeah I recognize some of you Aeroheads over here too!). If I don't return.. it has been fun. Wish me luck....

Tommer
1977-

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Tommer45 said:
Wish me luck....

Tommer
1977-

Good luck, but it's a risky assignment, and I don't think you should be going without first organising a replacement.

Bill's had his surgery, and I don't want him trying to do his own stunts.

jack aranda

Tommer: seeing that jacket makes me wonder why motorcycle jackets were ever done in black. That is sweet.

If you get into trouble at the FL, we can lay down cover fire--talking about Wested vs. US Wings Indy jackets. More effective than flash-bang grenades when you need to get out of a tight spot. :lol:

Tommer45

HA! Thanks for the well-wishes guys. I knew my VLJ brothers would have my back.

Now off to bed.. early call time tomorrow.. I'm robbing a bank with Ben Affleck (our third bank so far).

Tommer

Tommer45

deeb7 said:
Tommer45 said:
Wish me luck....

Tommer
1977-

Good luck, but it's a risky assignment, and I don't think you should be going without first organising a replacement.

Bill's had his surgery, and I don't want him trying to do his own stunts.

Just... got... back from... FL.... they...got...me...pretty good.....

BikeWreck002.jpg

Actually... nobody over there took interest.

Tommer

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Tommer45 said:
Actually... nobody over there took interest.

Glad that you're back, I can see by the photo that you were quite badly ignored.

See, if you'd told them it was an Aero custom, and you'd waited 8 months, and you should have ordered storm cuffs, and left off a pocket ...

Mac

I did try to get the ball rolling over there. Looks like you took quite a beating; it must have been after I left the room, or I would have had your back. :x

Mac

dmoser1978

Tried to order the Wild Stallion, was told that the next batch has been delayed by a couple of weeks.

I hate waiting...

Tommer45

jack aranda said:
You sure you weren't riding on the back of Bill's Harley when he laid it down? :shock:

Ha.. no I was on my poor Bonneville at the time.. stupidly with no jacket on!

Tommer

Tommer45

Quick pic of the Wild Stallion. Put 70 miles on the Bonnie this morning. Left for the ride when it was 20 degrees F, returned home at 23 degrees... got some funny looks from people bundled up in their cars. With two shirts and a turtleneck dickie I had no problems with the cold. The Stallion's insulation is thin but it does the job. No complaints here. Plus the rear "passenger handwarmer pockets" definitely come in handy for extra storage. I stuffed a camera in one of them and didn't even know it was there. It's a very cool jacket. My one complaint, which I've mentioned before, is that a few of the zippers are a bit bunched and one of them needs to be zipped slowly or it catches on its own waviness. Definitely not quality indicative of a $600 jacket, but that would be my only complaint.

IMG_0401.jpg

Tommer

Tommer45

sealbeachbum said:
Looking good there Tom! How about some pictures of that new Bonnie! :p

Alright alright don't twist my arm or anything!

Parked by a frozen lake I happened to come across this morning via a dirt/snow road here in north Jersey. Just as I was starting to feel like Ewan McGregor an older couple came down to yell at me and tell me I was on a private road and they'd call the cops. So much for that! The jacket is my WIld Stallion.
TomThoughts.jpg

BikeLake3.jpg

FullRear.jpg

Still trying to decide if I can live with the clashing browns of the seat and saddlebags.
BikeLake2.jpg

Tommer