• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leather Tooled Patch

Orange_Mound

So in the last couple weeks I started trying my hand at leather working. After a couple small attempts I decided I’d try a carved and tooled Bomb Group patch just for fun. I decided to do the 340th Bomb Group. I tooled and carved the leather one evening and then the next day I dyed the leather using dyes bought from Tandy Leather. Once dyed I went over it with an Antiquing Gel and then neatsfoot oil.

I am pleased with the results, it’s no where near perfect but it’s pretty good in my opinion for having never done one before and for having only worked with leather for a couple weeks now.

What is y’all’s opinion? Any constructive criticism? I know the lines aren’t crisp but that will come with more time and practice.

Attachments

• 6142BDD5-E6A9-4800-A44C-9CA66C1192F4.jpeg
    6142BDD5-E6A9-4800-A44C-9CA66C1192F4.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 144

ausreenactor

'Irregardless' of the obvious talent, you have the passion for the heraldry and the history. Look forward to seeing more of your stuff.

B-Man2

That’s pretty damn good OM !
Take a photo of it laying on an A2 for a better look .

B-Man2

I’ll lay it on the lost worlds jacket I just bought off you on eBay
Great !
But can I ask why you didn’t buy that jacket off me when it was listed here? I always list jackets I have for sale here at a cheaper price than I do on EBay because I want to give the guys a break and I also don’t have to pay EBay and pay pal fees ?

Orange_Mound

Great !
But can I ask why you didn’t buy that jacket off me when it was listed here? I always list jackets I have for sale here at a cheaper price than I do on EBay because I want to give the guys a break and I also don’t have to pay EBay and pay pal fees ?
I actually did not see your post on here til after I had purchased it on eBay. I am very pleased with the jacket!

Last edited: