• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leather selection for Cafe Racer jacket.

rob20uk

Have you all any thoughts on what the best leather would be for an Aero cafe racer?

I would ideally like the black and Nickle hardware combination but am a little stuck on deciding on the leather. I have a hunch that CLX would just be overly thick and heavy for such a tightfitting style of jacket.

The midweight jerky HH looks good. It would be nice to see how that would age as new it looks VERY shiny.

P.S. I am sorry this is not a flight jacket Q

MikeyB-17

Unless you’re using it for biking, I’d say something mid-weight would be the way to go. I would imagine a cafe racer in FQHH would look something like this:-
9A210688-A500-41BC-BE6E-627152EC2174.jpeg

Klaatu Barada Nikto!

MrProper

Jerky HH, Vicenza, Goat.
I had a CR in CXFQHH and since the CR is hanging on the neck, it quickly becomes too heavy and stiff. I would definitely recommend a mid weight one.
My current Aero CR is made of unfinished HH (mid weight) and my 5* CR is made of goat.

Members online

Latest posts