• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leather Jacket Plans, designs, and assistance needed

AkinaGod

I am trying to make my own leather jacket. However, I have been having a horrible time researching for places locally (Reno nevada) and the one main leather shop doesn't seem to know enough about motorcycle jackets to help me out. Basically I have designs that I want to create that is for my motorcycle. However, they could easily be slightly modified for sword fighting. Either way it is done I can't find any information on how to properly create a skin tight but flexible leather jacket. My designs are fine but I don't know how to do the stiching and the pattern. Mainly in the arms and down the back and stomach. I need help finding a place online or locally that can assist me on how to make my designs without it being too big or too small. Also what kind of leather is used for motorcycle jackets because the leather I found locally is nowhere near as flexable and as soft as you can get on motorcycle jackets?

EMBLEMHUNTER

Try this site , leatherworker.net
or this one
TheFedoraLounge
or this one
Leather Crafts Message Board

Good luck !
Johnny