• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest addition to my Dong.

Steve27752

Here is the latest addition to my Dong. Patch painted by Simom Williams.
IMG_0728.JPG
IMG_0731.JPG

Thomas Koehle

Who sewed the patch on ,I have the same jacket and always thought the lining would be a problem to the sewing machine being so thick . I would like to have a patch put on my jacket .

Jeff

Jeff,

just get to your seamstress she/he will get it done - mine even somehow manages to undo the lining and sew it on then

stanier

You’ve polished your Dong nicely there Steve, thanks for sharing. Not too OTT, but just enough to make it stand out amongst the other members. Shame about the pocket. Could your seamstress have mounted it a little higher and avoided the problem?

Steve27752

You’ve polished your Dong nicely there Steve, thanks for sharing. Not too OTT, but just enough to make it stand out amongst the other members. Shame about the pocket. Could your seamstress have mounted it a little higher and avoided the problem?
No, if you look at period photo's it is in the correct position, as Micawber said "They didn't bother unpicking the lining to sew patches and name tags on back in the day". And he is correct.

stanier

No, if you look at period photo's it is in the correct position, as Micawber said "They didn't bother unpicking the lining to sew patches and name tags on back in the day". And he is correct.

Clearly the “Carry on” esque message I intended and the one that was received we’re two different things! ;) :rolleyes:

Garylafortuna

Hey Steve, how long have you had the Bob Dong B-10? Have they reduced their collar size in the past year or so? I have a Dong B-10 about a year old and the mouton is about as large as a B-15 collar. One of our members I believe had the collar size reduced on his. Great looking jacket man.

Steve27752

Hey Steve, how long have you had the Bob Dong B-10? Have they reduced their collar size in the past year or so? I have a Dong B-10 about a year or so old and the mouton is about as large as a B-15 collar. One of our members I believe had the collar size reduced on his. Great looking jacket man.
I have had it for about a year now, it was me that had the collar reduced in size.