• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Larger Sefton A2

Micawber

Years ago, back in the days when repro choice was limited and I could still fit into generous size 40-42 originals, I had a Sefton A2 as a daily wearer. I was very fond of that old jacket as it just felt soft and right every time I put it on. Of course it was not old back then! In the end I simply out grew the thing and eventually let it go ...but have always regretted doing so. Granted it was a kind of generic pattern with seamed cuffs, a zip which felt a bit domestic complete with plastic at the tape end that looked a bit naff but it did the job, was bloody comfortable, was really well made using some lovely hide ...and looked the part.

Although other, more accurate repro jackets came and went [originals too] I always fancied another Sefton but never got around to doing anything about it, and of course as the years have passed larger sizes in good nick are not as easy to come by.

Yesterday I noticed what looked to be a decent, albeit a rather <cough> spendy <cough> example on the Bay of E which ought to fit the no longer svelte 60+ year old me, so I bought it

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sefton-C...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

B-Man2

Steve
Congrats on finding this one . If it doesn’t work out for you please consider me at the head of the Que for a resale.
Cheers

MikeyB-17

Only ever seen one Sefton jacket-although I remember seeing them advertised in Flypast and the like-that was at Duxford, second hand, too small for me. Looked good, and always heard good things about them.

Smithy

They always look good in pics and those who have had them love them.
Looking forward to the pics when it arrives!

Grant

That's so cool you landed a Sefton. Years ago I saw one in the flesh and mistook it for a well worn original. Looking forward to seeing photos of yours.

Micawber

It's arrived and still cold from the parcel this one is as buttery soft as the one I had in the last century. It's barely worn by the looks of it and the colour really does bring back some memories.

The weather outside is appalling so some by the window close-ups will have to suffice for now..
IMG_20190207_121224681.jpg

Smithy

They really are a damn good looking A-2 those Seftons. That really looks nice and even though the wrist knits are seamed they look good. Actually looks like new. The bloke selling it said that it was hardly worn and he wasn't pulling your leg about that.

Micawber

They really are a damn good looking A-2 those Seftons. That really looks nice and even though the wrist knits are seamed they look good. Actually looks like new. The bloke selling it said that it was hardly worn and he wasn't pulling your leg about that.

You couldn't wish for a more pleasant and honest person to buy from. I don't do fit photos as I am far from an off the peg standard shape. First try on suggests there is plenty, in fact huge amounts of room for growth......

B-Man2

Congrats Steve.
Thats a great looking jacket.
The leather looks like it just came out of the factory, not a blemish. Definitely a keeper.
Looks like my search continues;)

Micawber

Congrats Steve.
Thats a great looking jacket.
The leather looks like it just came out of the factory, not a blemish. Definitely a keeper.
Looks like my search continues;)

Yes it's in exceedingly good condition, lovely in fact. I'm going to try it with a heavy herring hauling jumper later but first impressions are that it's rather too roomy otherwise. So hold your horses for now Burt!

Smithy

It really hasn't been worn much at all. There's a tiny bit of wear on the right epaulette where the chap has obviously been driving in it and it's had a little bit of seatbelt wear but that just shows how nicely it'll develop patina with wear. If it fits and is comfy then she's a keeper.