• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L2-B Jackets and Orange lining

Rutger

Hi all, I need a little help on confirming something:

I've found an L-2B dated to 1979 with dark green inner lining. Is that legit? Most of the late 70s' L-2B I've run into are mostly with safety orange lining. I just want to make sure it's not heavily modified and it's a real deal.

The model number and stock number below:

MIL-J-7448J
Stock Number: 8415-00-017-0597
DLA100-78-C-0379
Made by Alpha

Thanks for the help in advance.

Maybe you could add a pic of the tag. Alpha back then made civilian batches that are identical to the mil spec jackets with the exception being that the tag had three lines added to show they were for civilian use.

watchmanjimg

My dad had an Alpha L-2b. Orange lining, dated Sep 1965. My niece has it now since it was a medium and she was the only person it would fit.

As I recall many of the 1965 Alphas run particularly short in the body. Shame as certain contracts for that fiscal year retain the waist tab yet lack epaulets and pocket flaps. It's an interesting setup.

Monsoon

As I recall many of the 1965 Alphas run particularly short in the body. Shame as certain contracts for that fiscal year retain the waist tab yet lack epaulets and pocket flaps. It's an interesting setup.

The one my father had didn't have the waist tab, epaulets or pocket flaps. That's why I was always scratching my head trying to decide of it was an L-2 or what? I mean, until I looked at the freakin' label.

bn1966

I've got a green lining L-2B '79 Alpha service issue (I think), presume it was a ground crew issue..doesn't appear 'civvy'.