• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.W Foster 7823 (AER) black mouton???

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Hi fellas!

I was wondering if somebody knows if this fur collar is original, because I’ve seen a couple examples of this same contract with black fur collars and they look original to the jackets, are they mouton or synthetic fur??

Thanks!!
Jorge

5283D201-F11F-4D67-9A03-595E7942719B.jpeg

9758EFC1-FF66-4C2E-B2DA-362D9E771A84.jpeg
6C090591-8EBB-4E8A-A79D-2D1818C6F99F.jpeg
600FE463-D005-45FE-9761-CA18EBEDDC1A.jpeg
DD5DF805-6D6A-4F02-A3AB-F63407C6559B.jpeg

Last edited:

STEVE S.

For the most part, that’s the color they were when new. Time/conditions fade them to the various colors we see on the well used jackets. In my opinion, the only manufacturer that used mouton that held its dark color over the years was Cagleco on the Korean era 7823(aer) jackets. Theirs was a tight, curly mouton that for the most part, is an almost black/ dark brown. I’ve seen a few Caglecos that faded, but very few.

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

That’s a very dark brown-I wouldn’t say it was black. I had a Foster of that contract once (should have kept it, it was actually the oldest jacket I’ve ever owned), but the mouton was a bog standard brown.
That was my first impression with the first pics.( I don’t have the jacket in my hands yet) but with the last pics I saw a bit more of the dark brown tone!

Flightengineer

That was my first impression with the first pics.( I don’t have the jacket in my hands yet) but with the last pics I saw a bit more of the dark brown tone!

This is a great jacket, excellent contract. If you bought it - you will not be disappointed when you take it into your hands.
I first bought size 42, but it was little big for me and I sell it, and found the same one contract in size 40.
And stoped searching for other G-1 after this :)

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

This is a great jacket, excellent contract. If you bought it - you will not be disappointed when you take it into your hands.
I first bought size 42, but it was little big for me and I sell it, and found the same one contract in size 40.
And stoped searching for other G-1 after this :)

Yes, can’t wait to try it, I’m crossing my fingers that this one fits me, cause I normally wear 42, but this one is 40 and new!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Flightengineer

43 ???? I mean measured chest circumference - not suit size. If so...no chance with LW Foster in 40.

Last edited:

Flightengineer

Yes, 43 is the circunference, we will see, normally I wear 42 in G1’s, this is my first 40. Got attracted by the condition!

Jorge, you can only hope that this jacket could differ slightly within the same size.
I have 39 chest and this LW Foster's contract fits me perfectly in the size 40. I don't think that there is a lot of extra space in chest when it zipped ... although everything happens in this life of course.

028b0bda64b3.jpg

891fd8feae6f.jpg

cd672c289dd6.jpg

Let's only hope you bought size 40, which fits like 42 ....

Last edited:

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Jorge, you can only hope that this jacket could differ slightly within the same size.
I have 39 chest and this LW Foster's contract fits me perfectly in the size 40. I don't think that there is a lot of extra space in chest when it zipped ... although everything happens in this life of course.

028b0bda64b3.jpg

891fd8feae6f.jpg

cd672c289dd6.jpg

Uffff that one looks awe!!! That rusty collar!!!!!

Flightengineer

Uffff that one looks awe!!! That rusty collar!!!!!

Mouton I replaced. The original mouton was the same rusty colour but lost a lot of fragments. A year ago, I spent a lot of time looking for a mouton matching the color and height of the nap to replace old. Jerry flew in this old lady a lot. The rest of the jacket is in perfect condition and fully original.

B-Man2

028b0bda64b3.jpg

891fd8feae6f.jpg

cd672c289dd6.jpg

Dimitry
Damn! That is nice!!
Great fit as well.
That’s a lifetime keeper I’d say.