• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L-2A with white outline insignia on shoulder

UBIK

Hello, well they just put the outline one that you can find inside ( those are historicaly accurate) on the shoulder. I have never seen one on a real L-2a .
I think they just want to be original and thought that if during that time they run out of the color one, they used the outline one. BR make a lot of this "what if..." scenarios for the better and the worst.
Personaly I prefer the color one, the outline one is just believable.

Pilot

All originals, I handled, plus all Google and other photos are like this...colored shoulder insigna.
IMHO another BR invention. ...but I am convinceable...

2EAFC123-0C55-436C-90FA-88A161300427.jpeg

UBIK

Like you, I think it's more like a fantasy from BR. The color roundel can still be applicate on it, in case of

Pilot

I totally lost confidence in BR if authenticity compared to originals is requested.
This happened since the red knitwork on their B-10 version invention... plus a few other details of their recent jacket creations... and now this....
RMcC Japan and others ( for nylons / cloths jackets ) are the better option IMHO.

Last edited:

MeachamLake

I do think it looks kind of cool myself, a little more understated. Shame that there's no historical precedent for it though!

watchmanjimg

I've only seen full-color roundels on original L-2As but I have seen a mix of color and the solid outline type on various other garments. The white-outline type used on some Buzz Rickson jackets may or may not be correct, but it's certainly not typical so I'm not sure why they'd bother.

Last edited:

Nickb123

Check out the L-2 in this thread. Almost as if the white-outline stencil was applied as a replacement.

stanier

Check out the L-2 in this thread. Almost as if the white-outline stencil was applied as a replacement.

Good find Nick 123, clearly there was some sort of precedent. I’ve seen other jackets on this forum with the white outline too.