• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

l-2a photo

Rutger

That's cool, if you can get close enough to a Mustang to make this kind of pictures then you might be up to the challenge to have similar pics with an F-86, an F-105 and an F-4.
Is the 4th FW patch an original patch? Got a close up picture of that one?

The Mustang has an 57th Fighter Squadron emblem, there's no Iceland Air Guard (though non-US based units sometimes did call themselves the ..... Air Guard, fill in your counbtry of choice; the 32nd TFS at Soesterberg, Netherlands was occasionally referred to as the Dutch Air National Guard).

thanks for the positive feedback. I just need to find a nice early p-helmet, and get a proper nametag for the l-2a. As I have stated I am a late comer to jet age/kw aviation items, having mostly collected ww2 jackets and flight gear for years. Does anybody know of a good source for the brown leather with gold foil nametags?

a2jacketpatches

tonyknowles said:
thanks for the positive feedback. I just need to find a nice early p-helmet, and get a proper nametag for the l-2a. As I have stated I am a late comer to jet age/kw aviation items, having mostly collected ww2 jackets and flight gear for years. Does anybody know of a good source for the brown leather with gold foil nametags?

I think US Authentic makes them.
http://www.flightjacket.com/nametag.html