• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L-2 VS l-2B

leo

I'm thinking of buying an Buzz Rickson L-2 this fall, but I'm not sure about the differences between the L-2 and the L-2b besides color. Supposibly the nylon is different, but does it have any effect on the look and warmth of the jacket?
Which do you prefer and why?

thanks

kevlarg

I have an original L-2 and remember its a light zone jacket. I believe that the L-2B is as well. This supposedly means 45-65 degrees farenhieght. It is definitely on the thin side. Personally I like the olive color better than the sage green. I also like the brown leather accents like the panel to clip your oxygen mask to and the zipper pulls.

th_DSC01732.jpg

watchmanjimg

kevlarg said:
I have an original L-2 and remember its a light zone jacket. I believe that the L-2B is as well. This supposedly means 45-65 degrees farenhieght. It is definitely on the thin side. Personally I like the olive color better than the sage green. I also like the brown leather accents like the panel to clip your oxygen mask to and the zipper pulls.

th_DSC01732.jpg

That about sums it up, except the Buzz L-2B uses a different lining material than the L-2. I doubt you'll tell the difference in warmth though.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
kevlarg said:
Personally I like the olive color better than the sage green. I also like the brown leather accents like the panel to clip your oxygen mask to and the zipper pulls.

Yep, I have the Buzz L-2, and it's another vote ... the olive gives it more of a vintage look.

Besides, with a little patience it's still possible to pick up an original L-2B.

BRL-2ava2.jpg

A

Anonymous

Thats what they say-L-2B is shorter. I only have the L-2 BUZZ R. Great jacket, cool color and is a tad longer so it fits my 6 foot frame better.

watchmanjimg

I've owned the Buzz L-2B as well as many originals and while original L-2Bs can run on the short side I find the Buzz jackets to be plenty long enough.

greyhound52

Having an original L-2 and L-2B at about the same size I find their length to be about the same. They do tend to run a bit on the short side in length. Here is the original L-2 BTW BR does an excellent job on the reproduction of this jacket which is a Reed
IMG_0374.jpg

Willy McCoy

L-2 lining is more coarse than the L-2B's lining so it is a little warmer. I have the McCoy's L-2 and I would rate it very high.

asiamiles

Very interesting. Seems the colour stencil was on the jacket originally, but when it faded (or was reissued...did they reissue nylon jackets?) it was replaced a white one?

kevlarg

asiamiles said:
Very interesting. Seems the colour stencil was on the jacket originally, but when it faded (or was reissued...did they reissue nylon jackets?) it was replaced a white one?

Yeah I have been wondering about that. They are definitely not in line with each other. This jacket has definitely been cared for and worn as there are lots of tiny repairs made.

Like I said I wish it was a size or two bigger this one is just a little too short on me:(