• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Korea war era Patches wanted

Enigma1938

Hi folks
Anyone has an idea where I can get some reproduction korea war era air force squad/ unit patches?
Thanks

B-Man2

Hi folks
Anyone has an idea where I can get some reproduction korea war era air force squad/ unit patches?
Thanks
Hi and Welcome to the Forum.
Question??
Why not consider purchasing originals? There are a lot of them out there .
Or are you specifically looking for some rare ones?

Pilot

Dont want to highjack the post or thread...but original Korea War patches are still plenty arround.
Have several in/on felt and fabric...Looking for specific ones?, PM.
Will be in Seoul soon, where I have them on a wall.

dinomartino1

335th_patch_mont.jpg

https://www.historypreservation.com...orean-war-usaf-335th-fis-mig-hunter-insignia/

Enigma1938

Sorry for the late response and many thanks for the answers so far. I'm kinda busy currently so my forum time is limited.

I'm searching for a big patch (repro or original) for the chest area of my L2A Jacket. Most of all a combat proved Fighter squad or a Fighter Interceptor squad. It's important that the patch should be korean war correct (1948 - 1953).

As long as I search the internet there's nothing i could use. Recently I found a website which offers original Korean war patches in a range from 200 - 400 $ , that's madness. I prefer a range from 10 - 50 $ if that is possible.

Thank you
Chris

Cocker

Chris, for that price range, you will only have repro patches, most probably not perfect ones either. Accurate repros are selling for much than that, and originals are indeed more in the 200-400USD range.

So except for a very lucky hit...

Enigma1938

So I'll go for repro. The thing is, I wanna patch up my L2A. It's a repro jacket from Bronson and I don't want to cost the patch as twice or more than the jacket itself.

unclegrumpy

This eBay seller has reasonably priced reproductions of KW patches that are close to the originals. How close varies, so you have to do some comparisons, because some are better than others, but the below is a quick example of something that gets you in the ballpark.

Question...that Buzz 335th FIS patch is really nice...I have seen them before on their jackets...how much is one of those?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/e1872-Kore...tcAAOSwIkNb~bLW:sc:USPSFirstClass!98027!US!-1