• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ken, Trying to date an Aero B-3

Otter

Just wondering how old one of your B3 repos might be. Roughly when did you stop using the 40-172 contract labels ?

Otter

Thought I would stick this out in the open so we could all learn. I know it isn't one of the current series.

Ken at Aero Leather

Just wondering how old one of your B3 repos might be. Roughly when did you stop using the 40-172 contract labels ?
I can't ever remenber when we started using that label, we made a few shedepskins around 1984-85 but proper sheep production was started by one of the young kids around 1991
Her US jackets were very good as I recall, I believe the current labels were introduced in 2012 when I came back to Aero

Otter

Thanks Ken, I figured it was about 5 years plus. I have a quite old D1 with a B6 label mistakenly sewn in !
After swearing off buying another B3 here I am with one on the way to me, be nice to compare it with how I remember my Eastman ones.