• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kanal jacket & ME163 flying suit top

dinomartino1

A19760916000PS2011-04006.jpg
NASM-NASM2011-04004.jpg

This is an example of the flying jacket from the Luftwaffe two piece electrically heated "Kanal" suit. They became standard issue for pilots and aircrews sometime in 1943.

A19480168000CP03.jpg

This quilted pink flying suit was used by German Luftwaffe Me 163 pilots to protect them from the aircraft's volatile fuel mixture of T-Stoff (Hydrogen Peroxide with 20% oxyquinoline) and C-Stoff (hydrazine hydrate in methanol). This suit was captured by the United States Quarter Master Corps following World War II.

Pilot

D363C44B-8E5D-460C-B1D5-FADB34423EBA.jpeg
A4AF3CE7-3074-4089-9DC4-DBE784588043.jpeg
View attachment 17939 View attachment 17940
This is an example of the flying jacket from the Luftwaffe two piece electrically heated "Kanal" suit. They became standard issue for pilots and aircrews sometime in 1943.

View attachment 17941
This quilted pink flying suit was used by German Luftwaffe Me 163 pilots to protect them from the aircraft's volatile fuel mixture of T-Stoff (Hydrogen Peroxide with 20% oxyquinoline) and C-Stoff (hydrazine hydrate in methanol). This suit was captured by the United States Quarter Master Corps following World War II.
Thx for sharing...where are the electric connectors of the ( your fleece ) “heated” jacket?
Your jacket is a basic fleece lined ( mainly bomber crews) jacket...no electric heating connectors at all.
The shown grey heated leather jacket (from an ID’ed named Ace) has all connectors , for gloves ( on the wrists) and to the trousers and thus aircraft main power connectors ( on the inside) visible .....Its an issued jacket mainly for jets and Reichs-Defence so after 1944...feel free to compare...( with literature)..

Last edited:

B-Man2

Welcome to the Forum Arborius
Glad to see you have an interest in flight jackets . Stick around and tells us about yourself.

Latest posts