• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just ordered my Goodwear

RudyN

As the title says I just sent John my Deposit for my first high end A2. I will be getting a Perry Sportswear A2 in Russet Horsehide. All I have to do now is get the final details to John and wait on pins and needles ;) . It will probably be done just before winter (or what passes for winter here in the San Francisco Bay Area). Anyway I am very happy to be able to get one.

RudyN

greyhound52 said:
Heh Heh way ahead of you bro I ordered in April. ;)
Tha's ok. In April I didn't even know about Goodwear :D . I wouldn't be able to wear it until late October or early November in this climate anyway.

greyhound52

I know what you mean I live in Manteca and it is hot as hell here right now. Of course I ordered in April and John is running a bit behind so probably won't get mine until Sept or Oct. So you might get yours for Christmas.

dujardin

one more GW wearer
congrats.
mine is complete and Jerome has finished his artwork.
great great greattttttttttttttttttt

byeeeeeeeeee

marcel

veli1

Congratulations Rudy!

I have ordered a new GW jacket (doniger) from J.C. last week and I just can't wait for my jacket to arrive!

Because J.C has “a lot of work to do” - and many,many jackets to produce I hope my doniger would arrive before November 2008!

Alan

Congrats on the order.

I sent John an inquiry but haven't heard back yet. I may try him again in a week or so.

Cobblers161

Can anyone tell me the current approximate waiting time for a GW?

I placed my order plus deposit for a 16160 in January and still no word. We emailed in March and there were a few back orders.

I'm guessing he's pretty busy and thus the waiting time keeps on stretching. Better get my Doniger order in pronto.

Andrew

Pandoras box....

As a Mod JC is fully aware of all this- he's just incredibly busy so anyone ordering has to be very patient- it's his own fault- it's impossible for him to write a 3 word reply, he always has to send a message longer than the enquiry.

My waiting time was 9 months but a lot of that time I couldn't have worn it anyway. If you are sweltering in summer at the moment it should make the wait easier.

Cobblers161

Thanks, no problem at all and pretty much just as I imagined. I have no doubt that the quality will be well worth the wait, as tortuous as it is, once the Aero's in my hands it'll all be forgotten about... :D

As for the sweltering Summer, over here in the UK we've had ours, it was in May and lasted about 4 days!

veli1

Leadsky said:
Pandoras box....

As a Mod JC is fully aware of all this- he's just incredibly busy so anyone ordering has to be very patient- it's his own fault- it's impossible for him to write a 3 word reply, he always has to send a message longer than the enquiry.

My waiting time was 9 months but a lot of that time I couldn't have worn it anyway. If you are sweltering in summer at the moment it should make the wait easier.

Hello guys,

Seriously does anybody know how many jackets J.C. can produce in-lets say 3 months...? I think 9 months is a helluva long time to wait for a jacket...

veli1

C.J. said:
I just ordered a 16160 a couple of days ago and he said about four months.

Yes, I have heard the same information from J.C.-I ordered a Doniger two weeks ago...

greyhound52

He is trying to crank out 3-4 jackets a week. Of course guys he is preparing for his wedding in early Sept and of course the honeymoon so lets give him a break. Besides he is working on MY jacket this week and my order went in mid April.

veli1

A Simple Calculus for making jackets :D :

2 jackets per day=10 jackets per week=approx. 40 jckt per month=160 jckts/4months :eek:

So guys, Don't call J.C. to ask him stupid questions... The more you bother him, the longer it takes.

Cobblers161

greyhound52 said:
He is trying to crank out 3-4 jackets a week. Of course guys he is preparing for his wedding in early Sept and of course the honeymoon so lets give him a break. Besides he is working on MY jacket this week and my order went in mid April.

Hmmmm..... So he's on your jacket this week and you ordered April, I ordered January and still waiting.

Little hint of nepotism methinks.... Mind you, if you know the guy then that's fair do's.

Wish I wasn't so excited, the wait is agony.