Just in time for Catch 22

Discussion in 'Jacket Art / Patches - Original and Reproduction' started by Bombing IP, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Bombing IP

Bombing IP Well-Known Member

294745a2289_2.jpg Our friend in Serbia Machbuster has made up some patches ,I told him that they were going to remake Catch 22 and would be a good idea to put some out on the market .

s-l1600 (4).jpg
    Another great patch I must say .

best picture.jpg
    CATCH22 PATCH.jpg

If you notice the the patch in Catch 22 the lady is holding the lightning bolt in the other hand and it extends to the outside of the patch outer diameter . I told Miro about this little detail ? ,but I guess he made it the official design .

BIP

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  2. Cocker

Cocker Well-Known Member

Another great work from Miro, as usual.

I watched Catch-22 last week, again, and it’s still one of my favorite movie. That take-off scene, my god! Seeing all these B-25 getting to the air together as you see them struggling with the side wind gives me goosebumps every single time!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

3. SuinBruin

SuinBruin Well-Known Member

If I ever see anyone on the street wearing an A-2 with a "Yossarian" name tag I'll shake his hand. Fantastic book.

4. MikeyB-17

MikeyB-17 Well-Known Member

That’s some catch, that Catch-22.

SuinBruin likes this.
  5. EMBLEMHUNTER

EMBLEMHUNTER Well-Known Member

Leather one I did some time back Catch-22 movie (2).jpg Jacket Name Strip Catch-22 movie (2).jpg

shedonwanna and Thomas Koehle like this.
  6. Rutger

Rutger Well-Known Member

The book is what you wanna read, the movie comes in well, but it's definitely a must-read book. There are so many layers of absurdity, it's just great.

In March 2013 (that's right, 2013) I ordered a named patch Yossarian with A2 JacketPatches; an embroidered patch as Sean would be happy to meet the challenge.
    Despite semi-annual (meant as in twice per year) requests and replies, I am still waiting for it. Paid $200 up front.
    Maybe I'll ask him again the next couple weeks. I can't even get angry with him because I suppose everybody has a reason for doing the things they do or don't do, and very few people actually do things to deliberately harm people.
    I also have a few of his leather patches, which always went just fine, and top notch excellent awesome patches they are. I'd order with him anytime again.

7. Bombing IP

Bombing IP Well-Known Member

Your more patient than I am 5 years ,ouch !

BIP

8. shedonwanna

shedonwanna Active Member

as always you pay attention to details. she is holding the lightning bolt in her right hand. machbuster painted the 488th squadron patch which has a slight variation from the movie patch.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018