• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just bought a CVC jacket.. that's like Combat Vehicle......

Spitfireace

upload_2017-9-30_19-34-17.jpeg

B-Man2

I'm familiar with this jacket. It is issued to US tank crews as well as armored vehicle and Bradley Fighting Vehicle crews. The jacket has a Velcro sealed pocket across the back shoulders of the jacket. By separating the Velcro there is a heavy duty strap sewn into the back of the jacket that is used to pull the wearer up and out of the vehicle in the event the individual is injured or unconscious.

Spitfireace

Sweet! I think this is going to be an interesting jacket......it's the newer issue of Brad Pitts jacket in the movie Fury. Which was of course WW2. Although that movie was a bit of a farce in that it wasn't realistic.

Spitfireace

Good to know. Glad that it is a popular jacket as I'm not really familiar with them, but I saw the resemblance to bomber jackets. The price for a used one in good shape is hard to resist as it's only $37.00 Canadian. The shipping price is actually more than the price of the jacket at $45.00. For the total price of $82.00 as you say, has to be the best value for a military jacket out there. I'm wondering how warm this jacket is, as you would think a heavier jacket would be too warm inside a tank.

Rutger

There's a thread on the CVC jacket somewhere. The Army nailed it with the CVC jacket. They're available in olive/green and desert tan. There's a jacket, cold weather (fire resistant) which is practically the same, but excludes the extraction strap in the back. It's also referred to as flyer's jacket. The flyer's jacket is also available in a wind breaker version, I think the CVC jacket is not.

Spitfireace

The CVC jacket arrived late last week. It's as advertised, probably used for 3 or 4 years I would guess. Looks like from 1980 by the label? Has some light wear on cuffs and on under the forearms as one would expect. Had some kind of writing on the front chest with unknown substance but I washed it in the bathtub and rubbed it off and let it air dry. Very clean overall but had a reek of liquid laundry detergent. Good to know it was washed but the scent was overly perfumed. Washing in just water by hand has lessened that though. Fits well, but a slightly less warm jacket than my CWU-45P I think.

Attachments

• CVCfront.jpg
    CVCfront.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 567
  • CVCback.jpg
    CVCback.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 597
  • CVClabel1.jpg
    CVClabel1.jpg
    815.7 KB · Views: 429

falcon_ib

A fine looking jacket, and yes the DLA100-80 dates it to fiscal year 1980. I usually leave things with undesirable scents outside for a week or two and that works for me.

Evan