• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeremiah got locked out

Greg Gale

Hi,

If any admin reads this, our good old forum member Jeremiah cannot log in anymore, possibly due to the software update.

Here's what he sent me:

This summer I changed my email in my account settings. It said it sent a confirmation email to the changed address but I never got that email no matter how many times I resent and checked spam folder.
I even tried to revert to my old email address I used when I set up my account years ago. No joy. It even said that eMail was banned.

I can send his old and new email addresses if needed, I just didn't want to post publicly.

Thank you in advance!

Smithy

Just an update from here. I still can't change my avatar and haven't been able to since the update which suggests there's still problems with updating personal/account information. The avatar thing isn't a biggie but in terms of other more important info this has the potential to be particularly bad for members who need to change more important account details. I'd imagine there's also some security risks attached to this inability to update/change account information as well.

ausreenactor

Just an update from here. I still can't change my avatar and haven't been able to since the update which suggests there's still problems with updating personal/account information. The avatar thing isn't a biggie but in terms of other more important info this has the potential to be particularly bad for members who need to change more important account details. I'd imagine there's also some security risks attached to this inability to update/change account information as well.
I failed to change mine via phone or laptop. Can't delete St. Javelin either... ????