• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeeps and jackets

mulceber

Why do you like Keefer Sutherland?

About a year ago, Burt, Tim and I were working on a jacket project together, and we jokingly called ourselves the 3 musketeers and we made our profile pics characters from the movie. Flash did too, just for fun.

jeremiah

While I certainly would treat an original with provenance with more respect and care, I treat this ELC as most would have treated their jackets when issued. Leather can take abuse and looks all the better for it.

As I said, while I am not positive this is warhorse hide, when I got new it was waxy and almost seemed like a pull up leather to me. Indeed, even to this day if o rough it up there are similarities with pull up leather in how it “self-heals”.
Though it has all the signs of being veg tanned where as pull up leather is chrome tanned.

it had character when new as far as grain patterns and hide blemishes. Yet it looks even better now.
either way it’s a great strong hide that I can do most anything in and it keeps looking better to my eyes.

jeremiah

I have been wearing my BK arco a lot recently.
9891153D-6DFC-4615-8FB3-2F0239F3EF4F.jpeg
423EFB50-6682-4E9A-9BCB-8D0717847D3F.jpeg