• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeans to wear with your flight jackets ...

mulceber

I can't imagine wearing 21 oz. jeans that first time!
The IH forum has a whole thread devoted to jeans standing up by themselves. o_O:D Mine weren't that bad though.

blackrat2

062E79C6-88FF-42B1-AE4B-EBFD07FA8343.jpeg
71EFE496-FE44-4941-8A4C-1D40B67D979E.jpeg
B8AA1CCC-8D3D-4179-945C-6BE7EAD626E4.jpeg

Geeboo

Fairly recently in Oct22, a pair of 1890 201 jeans was sold @ US$87k in US, then subsequently sold at a higher price to Japan. As I cannot afford to pay almost US$200,000 for a 1910 jacket & 1890 pants, I have accidentally picked up a pair of fake in a local flea mkt.
Pls noted that 1 important feature of pre-1890 levis is single stitch ( armhole in jacket & back yolk in jeans). 1 thing of interest to note is for the Earliest levis jacket, they call it Levis blouson - single stitch , circa ard 1910, there is JUST one & only 1 specimen i can locate, which is sold through Christie's back in 2007, then sold subsequent to a private collector in Japan & then disappeared in the public radar. Thereafter, there is no such SINGLE stitch jacket ever coming up for sale.

Attachments

• Single Stitch.jpg
    Single Stitch.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 91
  • 10.1.jpg
    10.1.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

M. from Berlin

Fairly recently in Oct22, a pair of 1890 201 jeans was sold @ US$87k in US, then subsequently sold at a higher price to Japan. As I cannot afford to pay almost US$200,000 for a 1910 jacket & 1890 pants, I have accidentally picked up a pair of fake in a local flea mkt.
Pls noted that 1 important feature of pre-1890 levis is single stitch ( armhole in jacket & back yolk in jeans). 1 thing of interest to note is for the Earliest levis jacket, they call it Levis blouson - single stitch , circa ard 1910, there is JUST one & only 1 specimen i can locate, which is sold through Christie's back in 2007, then sold subsequent to a private collector in Japan & then disappeared in the public radar. Thereafter, there is no such SINGLE stitch jacket ever coming up for sale.
I have the Levi's LVC from the 1920's "213 Jacket" and "201 Pants". today also very rare and best quality!

Thomas Koehle

I'm kind of a fan for MOMOTARO denims ...

you guessed it - they are made in Japan - seems like most of the high-quality/high price jeans

i'm so pleased with the quality i already bought one in spare and another version of MOMOTARO they issued for their 15th anniversary

Fit does it for me - more roomy around the crotch compared to the LEVIS 501 i used to wear

comparison is 1 year apart from each other

i'm about 6.3 weight is about 100 kg - size is W36 - length is approx 36 as well

don't ask me about the weight

IQGVCyd.jpg

ZwmA3uf.jpg

LbHCsKo.jpg

ZwmA3uf.jpg

FuuIhz7.jpg

ALtErue.jpg

B-Man2

you guessed it - they are made in Japan - seems like most of the high-quality/high price jeans

i'm so pleased with the quality i already bought one in spare and another version of MOMOTARO they issued for their 15th anniversary

Fit does it for me - more roomy around the crotch compared to the LEVIS 501 i used to wear

i'm about 6.3 weight is about 100 kg - size is W36 - length is approx 36 as well

IQGVCyd.jpg

ZwmA3uf.jpg

LbHCsKo.jpg

ZwmA3uf.jpg

FuuIhz7.jpg

ALtErue.jpg
Thomas
Questions
How often do you launder those jeans ?
How do you launder them ie by hand or in a machine , dryer or no dryer?
I only ask because there’s a variety of ways people try to bring out the best in Selvedge denim and yours are looking good after only a year .

mulceber

IQGVCyd.jpg

ZwmA3uf.jpg

LbHCsKo.jpg

ZwmA3uf.jpg

FuuIhz7.jpg

ALtErue.jpg
Nice! Love Momotaro. I have a pair that @Nnatalie bought me for my birthday, and they've been getting almost daily wear.

Thomas Koehle

Thomas
Questions
How often do you launder those jeans ?
How do you launder them ie by hand or in a machine , dryer or no dryer?
I only ask because there’s a variety of ways people try to bring out the best in Selvedge denim and yours are looking good after only a year .

Burt,

first wash was just when i got it - the owner of the shop tild me that was the hint he got from the momotaro guys:
- washer - standard detergent - max 30°C - NO THUMBLING and - most important: INSIDE OUT

since then i washed 'em 2 times more (about every 6 months) - same procedure - same temperatur - no thumbling - inside out ... - no ironing

they are worn almost daily - pretty sturdy and good workmanship on those pants

some denim-geeks will tell ya that would be blashemie - they rinse - and wash - and whatever - in conjunction with moon and mars - i simply do not have the time to do so and also not the nerves

Hope that helps ...

Last edited:

Grant

Anyone else try Warehouse denim? Being one of the original Osaka Five I decided to break in a pair of their WWII denim they make a limited release on in 2021.
The design appears to be inspired by Levi's wartime 501's, with painted arcuates that faded away with wear, iron hardware, deer skin label which is starting to shrink and wrinkle much like original label and all cotton yellow thread that's slowing fading nicely.
Being the denim nerd I am, I note on the inside of the pocket bag when they were first soaked and each subsequent wash. I wore them a good five months solid before the first cold soak and cold washed when they started to smell rank! Overall, really solid reproductions of WWII work wear.

WH1.jpg
WH2.jpg
WH5.jpg
WH3.jpg
WH4.jpg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Wow !
Not being a denim nerd , I’ve learned so much about Selvedge jeans from this forum.
Great info guys , thanks .